Article SP to Butcher: “Worry about your meat.” Lol (1 Viewer)

The offense scored 46 points and racked up 465 yards of offense on the #1 ranked defense in yards allowed and #2 ranked defense in points allowed.

But somehow this is Payton's fault for not scoring enough...

I have a headache.

It most certainly is on the D.

From the moment that Sean Payton took the option to go for two points, I knew that he way playing a psychological game with both teams. He wanted his team to know/think that they could have their way with the Niners. And he wanted San Francisco to feel like we were going to take it to them every chance we got. Though it didn't work out as planned, I really don't see Coach Payton ever changing his way of calling the shots. He always has enjoyed using the intimidation factor in a game, and I assume that he always will.

From the moment that Sean Payton took the option to go for two points, I knew that he way playing a psychological game with both teams. He wanted his team to know/think that they could have their way with the Niners. And he wanted San Francisco to feel like we were going to take it to them every chance we got. Though it didn't work out as planned, I really don't see Coach Payton ever changing his way of calling the shots. He always has enjoyed using the intimidation factor in a game, and I assume that he always will.

IMO his play calling is a reflection of his overall arrogant attitude. Which I love. His attitude and demeanor have instilled a wining culture for us and paid off in Ambush and a Super Bowl so I don’t care that he seems to be the most hated coach in the league. Reporters can’t stand him, every other team I visit their pages and their fans hate him...for years. It always makes me laugh. He’s called smug a lot and always a reference about his pursed lips. Lol

But if we score 46 we should win every single game , this one is on the defense.
Yep, this was our highest scoring loss ever. Had the defense played even close to their capability, this game would not have been close in the end. We should never lose after scoring 46 points. Ever again.

I really don't see Coach Payton ever changing his way of calling the shots. He always has enjoyed using the intimidation factor in a game, and I assume that he always will.
I don't understand why anyone would want him to. It's entertaining and fun to watch. And wins so many more games than it loses.

Yep, this was our highest scoring loss ever. Had the defense played even close to their capability, this game would not have been close in the end. We should never lose after scoring 46 points. Ever again.

Ever.
Yuck.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Is something wrong? You think it would have been rude for the butcher to respond in kind? Payton is arrogant, no question about it. Sometimes, in fact, most times it serves him well. Other times he fails to see what most of us see such as Murray would have been much more effective than Kamara. You can get caught up in the delivery but the message is the message.

You don't know that. You don't know what plays were called by the offense or the defense or why particular pays succeeded or failed. Jim Mora stated it decades ago, and people still don't get that we think we know, but we don't know.

The offense scored 46 points and racked up 465 yards of offense on the #1 ranked defense in yards allowed and #2 ranked defense in points allowed.

But somehow this is Payton's fault for not scoring enough...

I have a headache.
RUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNDAAAAAAAAABBBBBBAAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL

IMO his play calling is a reflection of his overall arrogant attitude. Which I love. His attitude and demeanor have instilled a wining culture for us and paid off in Ambush and a Super Bowl so I don’t care that he seems to be the most hated coach in the league. Reporters can’t stand him, every other team I visit their pages and their fans hate him...for years. It always makes me laugh. He’s called smug a lot and always a reference about his pursed lips. Lol
While the correct assessment may indeed be 'arrogant', I'm one to see it as displaying confidence in his team's abilities. He watches his guys practice plays over and over again until his players know their assignments like the back of their hand. When he falls in 'love' with a play that he sends into the game, I believe it has more to do with how much he trusts his team to pull it off rather than just trying to thumb his nose into the face of the opponent.

Had we pulled off that two point conversion, the 49ers would have been feeling like the team that had to play 'catch-up' the whole game instead of the Saints. I don't get to see the execution of such plays in practice so I have no idea how hard or easy it is to have such confidence in making that call at that time. But I trust that if he didn't think it had a high probability of success, he would never have called that play.

While the correct assessment may indeed be 'arrogant', I'm one to see it as displaying confidence in his team's abilities. He watches his guys practice plays over and over again until his players know their assignments like the back of their hand. When he falls in 'love' with a play that he sends into the game, I believe it has more to do with how much he trusts his team to pull it off rather than just trying to thumb his nose into the face of the opponent.

Had we pulled off that two point conversion, the 49ers would have been feeling like the team that had to play 'catch-up' the whole game instead of the Saints. I don't get to see the execution of such plays in practice so I have no idea how hard or easy it is to have such confidence in making that call at that time. But I trust that if he didn't think it had a high probability of success, he would never have called that play.

I don’t put a negative connotation with arrogant as it applies to him.
He is most def also condescending towards reporters and such and that is why he has the rep he does with em. And that’s fine by me. I know many shrewd business people in my life that are very successful and in part due to their arrogance, cockiness, self assured ness etc.

I don’t put a negative connotation with arrogant as it applies to him.
He is most def also condescending towards reporters and such and that is why he has the rep he does with em. And that’s fine by me. I know many shrewd business people in my life that are very successful and in part due to their arrogance, cockiness, self assured ness etc.
I just want whatever wins football games. And so far my coach is winning far more than he's losing. If he hit the road now, the pain around here would be substantial.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom