Article SP to Butcher: “Worry about your meat.” Lol (1 Viewer)

I just want whatever wins football games. And so far my coach is winning far more than he's losing. If he hit the road now, the pain around here would be substantial.

I’m in total agreement. If all he does is come across as a prick I couldn’t care less. That’s not hurting anyone, not a Sharper’esque offense etc.

No prob to me. But he’s def arrogant and condescending. And I love him. He’s like a player I’d love if have on my team and hate if he isn’t.

IMO his play calling is a reflection of his overall arrogant attitude. Which I love. His attitude and demeanor have instilled a wining culture for us and paid off in Ambush and a Super Bowl so I don’t care that he seems to be the most hated coach in the league. Reporters can’t stand him, every other team I visit their pages and their fans hate him...for years. It always makes me laugh. He’s called smug a lot and always a reference about his pursed lips. Lol
I’m glad he’s an ahole. I honestly don’t wanna be liked. The likeable coaches suck, the ones that make you mad like Payton Carroll Belicheck are winners ?

You don't know that. You don't know what plays were called by the offense or the defense or why particular pays succeeded or failed. Jim Mora stated it decades ago, and people still don't get that we think we know, but we don't know.

I have hindsight so I know! I would have kicked the extra point. :0016:

My assertion wasn't specific to this play. My example was speaking to Payton's arrogance at times, specifically his reluctance to feature Murray over Kamara. It further boggled my mind when he stuck with Kamara even after the fumble. Ingram was instantly benched in those situations, as have most RB's under Payton who fumble. When Kamara fumbled I was relieved because I just knew we wouldn't see him for a while and Murray could take over. HIndsight here.....told me I was worng.

Umm, it's SP that is saying the Safety lined up wrong!

How does he KNOW that!

Was he in the SF prep room?

Not to mention - isn't Drew smart enough to account for that!
I'd say it's probably from the countless hours of watching film on the vaunted 49ers defense and seeing their formation in that situation all year long.

Yep, this was our highest scoring loss ever. Had the defense played even close to their capability, this game would not have been close in the end. We should never lose after scoring 46 points. Ever again.
Had the defense gone into the game with healthy linebackers, our secondary wouldn't have gotten abused like they did and they wouldn't have gained nearly the yards they did on the ground. I'm not making excuses for them because you should absolutely win any game where your offense puts up 46 points, but those injuries and then the in-game injuries to Rankins and Davenport certainly didn't help things.

Had the defense gone into the game with healthy linebackers, our secondary wouldn't have gotten abused like they did and they wouldn't have gained nearly the yards they did on the ground. I'm not making excuses for them because you should absolutely win any game where your offense puts up 46 points, but those injuries and then the in-game injuries to Rankins and Davenport certainly didn't help things.
I totally agree. It was a tough opponent to go up against with several of our key players missing on defense... and it showed on the scoreboard.

I totally agree. It was a tough opponent to go up against with several of our key players missing on defense... and it showed on the scoreboard.
If there was one regular season game where having our starting front 7 at full health was extremely important, it was this one. There's no way they'd have been so successful running the ball with Klein and Alonso playing. And that's their bread and butter to set up their passing game. When you're getting gashed on the ground, DBs keep their eyes in the backfield to try and stop it and end up just getting beat or losing a step on who they're supposed to be covering in the passing game.

He should have asked the guy if he could play safety.

Putting this on the fans is just lame. The Dome was plenty loud enough.
More fans sold their tickets than ever before. So, sure, we as fans can do better. I get it if you need the money, but it won't help get us to peak fleur-de-lis and this website is about achieving peak FDL. Also, fans were really nasty to the team after the game - personal stuff. We can have some fair criticisms but these guys play their hearts out for us. Let's encourage them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom