SpaceX about to launch Starlink satellites (1 Viewer)

I saw a starlink train last night sorry after dusk. It looked like a train out flaming pumpkins flying low across the sky. The only objects I've seen brighter were the moon and those massive exploding meteors that can light up the sky. Dragged my wife and oldest daughter out tonight to see them, but they were about as bright as a commercial jet at cruise altitude. Still cool to watch. I recommend searching when a bright train is flying near you.

I saw a starlink train last night sorry after dusk. It looked like a train out flaming pumpkins flying low across the sky. The only objects I've seen brighter were the moon and those massive exploding meteors that can light up the sky. Dragged my wife and oldest daughter out tonight to see them, but they were about as bright as a commercial jet at cruise altitude. Still cool to watch. I recommend searching when a bright train is flying near you.

Fortunately SpaceX is taking measures to greatly reduce how much light they reflect. It’s cool seeing them but it’s a real PITA for astronomy.

Just got through watching the train with my family. It's a pretty cool sight to see. I also look at other satellites that pass over DFW. There are several in our trajectory. This is a pretty cool sight that has is really accurate in terms of time and location to view.

Just got through watching the train with my family. It's a pretty cool sight to see. I also look at other satellites that pass over DFW. There are several in our trajectory. This is a pretty cool sight that has is really accurate in terms of time and location to view.

Used this site. I've got 42 satellites flying over central Louisiana at 8:32 pm Wednesday night. If the weather is good, I'll check them out.

Used this site. I've got 42 satellites flying over central Louisiana at 8:32 pm Wednesday night. If the weather is good, I'll check them out.
42? Wow. That's a good area to view. Hardly any light pollution. I used to live in Denham other side of 12. Light pollution is terrible in my current area. It took a minute to track the Starlink train.

42? Wow. That's a good area to view. Hardly any light pollution. I used to live in Denham other side of 12. Light pollution is terrible in my current area. It took a minute to track the Starlink train.
I have the biggest nerd smile on my face. I just finished watching these things fly over for the last 10 minutes. One after the other in a perfect line, equally spaced and clear as day, even with the bright full moon rising.

I have the biggest nerd smile on my face. I just finished watching these things fly over for the last 10 minutes. One after the other in a perfect line, equally spaced and clear as day, even with the bright full moon rising.
Nerding out on this is awesome, lol. My 5 year old wants to go outside nightly and watch. We watched 41 flyover last night in exactly the same situation as you described.

Just days after launching humans back into space, SpaceX added to their Starlink satellites by launching another 60. This Falcon 9 was used for the fifth time. Impressive.

Well I said I wouldnt pay the $$$ for Starlink but after my slow DSL crapped out on me for a month of downtime before ATT had the availability to fix it back in December, I put myself on the Starlink wait-list. I got the confirmation they were ready to ship today and I confirmed my order. I am hoping its as great as most say it is and hope I get over 200 mbs download speeds.

Well I said I wouldnt pay the $$$ for Starlink but after my slow DSL crapped out on me for a month of downtime before ATT had the availability to fix it back in December, I put myself on the Starlink wait-list. I got the confirmation they were ready to ship today and I confirmed my order. I am hoping its as great as most say it is and hope I get over 200 mbs download speeds.
Is there a data cap?

Where in MS are you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom