SpaceX Falcon9 with Crew Dragon capsule launch (Update: return splashdown @ 2:48 EDT 8/2/20) (2 Viewers)

Well snap... not quite as close as the SN8 flight. Looks like they tried to flip Starship upright too late in the flight.
Good thing there is SN10 sitting on the pad, ready to go.

Great launch and good control during the descent but had an engine failure on 1 of the 2 engines on landing. I have no doubt that they will get it down on a later test soon.

Hard to believe that this was just with 3 of the engines and that the final version will have 30 engines.

Why the hell are they landing it so close to SN10?
that was my thinking but I'm guessing it's fairly empty of fuel so they don't expect it be too much of an issue.

It was on fire after landing, then they doused the rocket with a remote fire monitor for like 6 minutes then they turned it off and it exploded. I'm wondering why they shut off the fire fighting systems in the pad?

It was on fire after landing, then they doused the rocket with a remote fire monitor for like 6 minutes then they turned it off and it exploded. I'm wondering why they shut off the fire fighting systems in the pad?

Well, at least this was a test flight, so I'm sure they'll be able to figure out what went wrong and correct the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom