SpaceX Falcon9 with Crew Dragon capsule launch (Update: return splashdown @ 2:48 EDT 8/2/20) (1 Viewer)

Did it break apart? That's a lot of trails...

Did it break apart? That's a lot of trails...

Yes, burned up on re-entry in the form of what looked like a bright meteor storm.

If you didn't know what it was (I bet most people did not know) I'm sure it was amazing and very unsettling at the same time. Sort of like these guys:

1616762504950.png

That reminds me of when the Shuttle Columbia broke apart on reentry in 2003. šŸ˜¢ The multiple trails looked eerily similar.
I had talked to people who went out to help collect the debris. I believe one said they found a helmet, with a head still in it. Awful. Awful.

I got my first job due to that accident. Major engineering effort to return to flight.

I had talked to people who went out to help collect the debris. I believe one said they found a helmet, with a head still in it. Awful. Awful.

I got my first job due to that accident. Major engineering effort to return to flight.

Wow, I thought I remembered someone here mentioning something like that. Man, doing that kind of cleanup would have scarred me for a long time.

Is is just me or does "SpaceX Dragon9" sound like some "Voltron-esque" Japanese tv show from the 80s?

Yesterday - Inspiration4 launched successfully- 4 civilians now in 3 day orbit of the Earth

Including Haley Arceneaux - St.Francisville girl, SELU grad and cancer survivor ( and now a Physicians Assistant with St. Jude )

Yesterday - Inspiration4 launched successfully- 4 civilians now in 3 day orbit of the Earth

Including Haley Arceneaux - St.Francisville girl, SELU grad and cancer survivor ( and now a Physicians Assistant with St. Jude )

I totally forgot to go outside and look for it but my friend did - he took this picture from his driveway (Mt. Pleasant/Charleston):

1631799795686.jpeg

I totally forgot to go outside and look for it but my friend did - he took this picture from his driveway (Mt. Pleasant/Charleston):

1631799795686.jpeg
thats !@$@!# awesome.

Also - Netflix- Countdown: Inspiration4 Mission to Space - caught first episode - selection process for the 4. All access/behind scenes documentary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom