Spam on xbox live?? (1 Viewer)

it's certainly not rampant, but it could be the beginning of something annoying.....

it is strange that i have received multiple spam messages and you have not received a single one :shrug:

i think you can only do it to a thread you started....there is a link above and to the right of the quick reply box called "edit tags"

i think you can only do it to a thread you started....there is a link above and to the right of the quick reply box called "edit tags"

And the why? I'm just an innocent lovable furry creature.

Maybe it's a COD thing. I don't play that at all.

I have not had it happen to me, but I did notice last night that in the Halo matchmaking waiting room :covri: Bungie has a warning up about phishing and not giving anyone your information. So, it must be happening to some while playing Halo 3. But, it's possible they target people who don't spend a lot of time playing on Live assuming they will be less likely to know that the message is something out of the norm.

That's it. You made the list.

steve-buscemi-billy-madison-150x138.jpg

I have not had it happen to me, but I did notice last night that in the Halo matchmaking waiting room :covri: Bungie has a warning up about phishing and not giving anyone your information. So, it must be happening to some while playing Halo 3. But, it's possible they target people who don't spend a lot of time playing on Live assuming they will be less likely to know that the message is something out of the norm.

The Bungie phishing thing is about Recon armor mostly, I think.

But there is general phishing occurring all the time. People claim to help you get a 50 if you give them access to your gamertag, then they get the credit card numbers associated.

Anytime people are together and money is around, there will be attempts at theft. Not so much a statement about Live.

What these guys do is offer you free points, 5000 or whatever. Then they say that they have a program on their computer that does it, so all they need is your e-mail and password so they can sign into your gamertag to add the points. Then they jack your ****.

Obviously you have to be down syndrome for this to work but, then again, it is the internet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom