Spam on xbox live?? (1 Viewer)

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i can't be the only person who recieves random messages about getting free M$ points....

i got at least 4 this weekend

what is this nonsense???

it's like it's Monday, but it's really Tuesday

one of them gave a website and said you could get 4000 M$ points

the other asked for you to send him a message and he would tell you his "secret"

and i am not buying any of your lies....i know this happened to at least one of you turds

one of them gave a website and said you could get 4000 M$ points

the other asked for you to send him a message and he would tell you his "secret"

and i am not buying any of your lies....i know this happened to at least one of you turds

I bet you responded.

Seriously though never had that happen. Hope it's not gonna become a trend.

thoguht this was about LSS...

The only thing I ever get are random Halo players sending me messages to check out a video or something. That's the only thing approximating spam that I've ever seen on Live.

The only thing I ever get are random Halo players sending me messages to check out a video or something. That's the only thing approximating spam that I've ever seen on Live.

i get stuff like that as well....usually someone trying to put together a COD4 match or something....

but this stuff is clearly spam....i just reply "No."

That's how scammers steal people's accounts. So don't respond.

That's how scammers steal people's accounts. So don't respond.

i actually deleted the ones i got this weekend without replying

a few months ago i replied "no" to a few of them

and why does M$ allow this to happen??

Obviously, because they're evil and sony's psn is superior. Is that what you want to hear?

Obviously, because they're evil and sony's psn is superior. Is that what you want to hear?

not even close

i was just curious about the spam itself more than anything...and if anyone has gotten it before....but thanks for playing the assumption game....

my point was that if 24/7 knows about it, the M$ must know as well, no??

maybe i should have asked "are they doing anything about stuff like that??"

Only thing I've ever got is someone telling me to look at some video for recon armor in Halo. Got that one about 3 or 4 times.

not even close

i was just curious about the spam itself more than anything...and if anyone has gotten it before....but thanks for playing the assumption game....

my point was that if 24/7 knows about it, the M$ must know as well, no??

maybe i should have asked "are they doing anything about stuff like that??"

I don't know what they can really do about it.

If people want to spend their time sending messages to people whose gamertags they've run across, what can you do without compromising some of the messaging features?

In my opinion, the problem isn't rampant. I've been on Live since the beginning and have never received one of these phishing messages.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom