Spare me the "you have to play through bad breaks" cliche. Somebody 1,000 miles away cost us that game. (1 Viewer)

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
blog is up

What everybody saw in the Saints loss to the Bucs yesterday was a NFL ritual that has more tradition than the Masters: Brady whines at refs and shows them up in a way that gets you tossed from most NBA games; nearby defender yells at Brady while walking away; Brady tries to semi-start some **** by retorting and posturing; the defender takes one or two (only) steps towards Brady; Brady’s teammate jumps in and shoves the defender while Brady hides behind his teammate’s skirt; the defender shoves back; and the refs come in and break it all up.

Such as it ever was. I have seen many episodes of “The Love Boat” that had less predictability. I mean, even the communion part of Sunday mass has more spontaneity.

Yesterday, of course, after our traditional tableau, Bucs WR Mike Evans comes flying in and cheap shots Saints CB and goad Marcus Lattimore (second time in the last four years Evans done that BTW), and the melee commences. After everything settles down, word comes down from the league offices watching from 1,400 miles away, offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, Evans is ejected, and, for some reason, so is Saints CB Marshon Lattimore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom