Spare tire replacement (1 Viewer)

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan and the spare is flat and needs to be replaced. I've looked everywhere, tire shops, car parts stores, Amazon, big box stores, and I can't find the same size spare tire. I did find it at one tire website and it includes free shipping, but it's on back order. No telling when I'd actually get it. It was like 90 bucks.

At this point, I may have to go to the dealer, but I fully expect to get hosed there. I'd like to keep it around $100, but there's just nothing out there. Any ideas?

The spare size is 145/80/17 which is what makes it near impossible to find. And it has to fit in the compartment underneath the vehicle, so I need a tire that will fit the existing wheel. I'd rather have a vehicle with a full sized spare so something like this doesn't happen.

Have you tried Ebay or Craigslist? I found one on Craigslist for a 2017 Hyundai Elantra (daughter's car). I also know a guy who got one for his car at a junkyard pick and pull place in Dallas recently, so that may be an option if they have that around where you are.

Have you tried Ebay or Craigslist? I found one on Craigslist for a 2017 Hyundai Elantra (daughter's car). I also know a guy who got one for his car at a junkyard pick and pull place in Dallas recently, so that may be an option if they have that around where you are.

Yeah, I was thinking a junkyard might be the place to go. I don't know anything about them here, but I'll see if I can find one local. Didn't think about ebay/Craigslist. Will scope those out as well.

I second this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom