Special Teams are so far from Special (1 Viewer)

krazy9000

BRING THE WOOD!!
Reaction score
IMO this is what's holding us back the most. Lack of great play from our STs. Is there a petition we can start to get McMahon fired from this team? I'm sick of mediocre to bad sts.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
IMO this is what's holding us back the most. Lack of great play from our STs. Is there a petition we can start to get McMahon fired from this team? I'm sick of mediocre to bad sts.

Mediocre? When have we been mediocre?

BRsaintS

All-Pro
Reaction score

Using your logic,Sean Payton should be fired. :idunno:

diehardfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I've thought our coverage teams have been better than normal. Our return and FG teams stink as usual.

And I swear, look at the issues at FG attempts and Peat is usually at least part of the problem.

cue180

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I've thought our coverage teams have been better than normal. Our return and FG teams stink as usual.

And I swear, look at the issues at FG attempts and Peat is usually at least part of the problem.
This...I think attempts might have been a little low, but that block today was on Peat. That was the difference in the game.

msl

Veteran Starter
Reaction score

i agree that coverage has been good. Morstead has been phenomenal.

They did make mention of it during our second fg attempt. NY were attacking the left side of the OL. They got penetration both attempts

oodank

BIG DOG!
Reaction score
This Lutz guy is not better than the kickers we had, and probably shoulda kept one. I dont understand how you work with those guys all offseason and then change direction for an unknown unproven guy who was marginal in college. Both games so far the kicker is involved in negative plays.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i agree that coverage has been good. Morstead has been phenomenal.

They did make mention of it during our second fg attempt. NY were attacking the left side of the OL. They got penetration both attempts
They probably saw something in the film they thought they could exploit (and did).

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This Lutz guy is not better than the kickers we had, and probably shoulda kept one. I dont understand how you work with those guys all offseason and then change direction for an unknown unproven guy who was marginal in college. Both games so far the kicker is involved in negative plays.
The whole episode shine's a light on decision making dynamics that are usually hidden from us. It was an impetuous, reckless, shoot from the hip decision.

A small school, rookie UDFA made your starter with no real game kicking history can cutting guys you invested a lot of time in.

It says something to me about why so many personnel decisions the last 5 years have blown up. There's a problem in judgement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom