Special Teams Coach Help (1 Viewer)

Bobby April, probably sitting on his couch in Chalmet.

I don't think bringing in a guy who has been fired twice by two different teams in the span of the past eight months is going to be the solution to this issue.

Every team in the league has multiple coaches that work with the special teams unit. It's not a one man job.

While that's true, I do think we need a better ST coach at the top. McMahon's overall body of work since coming on board has been underwhelming. The main reason I mention him more than anyone else is that the performance of the ST unit has been poor across the board. If it were just kicking, or just returns, that would be one thing, but to fall short in several phases of the ST unit tells me it's a leadership problem at the top.

He's been given a lot of opportunities to improve the unit, but unfortunately, the needle hasn't moved much in spite of plugging all kinds of players and getting the same or worse results.

When I heard this break on the radio all I could think of is Dwight.

Attachments

• efd0dfb7128395117b113a2468809adf3408145c.jpg
    efd0dfb7128395117b113a2468809adf3408145c.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 51
Either of you two want to explain why this is incorrect, or were these red thumbs just because?

I did not red thumb you, but we already have 2 special teams coaches.

Do you think the problem is that we are understaffed?

Either of you two want to explain why this is incorrect, or were these red thumbs just because?
One coach and one assistant seems to suffice for most of the league.

If it takes three coaches to manage special teams, you're doing wrong and you've got a weak link that the team leadership can't or won't address it properly.

Who would take this job as coach number three?

Wouldn't you be curious as to the setup?

First thing I would ask is "why would you need three of us?"

One coach and one assistant seems to suffice for most of the league.

If it takes three coaches to manage special teams, you're doing wrong and you've got a weak link that the team leadership can't or won't address it properly.

Like Baltimore or Buffalo or Denver or Atlanta or Carolina or Seattle does? The post stated that it was the job of one person. League wide, it is not. And for several, yes. It is a three man operation.

I think that I don't know what the root problem is, but I know that people who don't even know how many coaches we have working on that side of the ball don't either...

:hihi:

For the record, I'd be cool with it if you did red thumb me. I get using them it for unpopular opinions, and have no issue with their application towards me. I just thought it odd on a factually accurate statement that I thought was pretty free of bias, and wanted to understand if I had made an error of some kind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom