Special Teams Discussion (Merged) (1 Viewer)

HOW IS GREG MCMAHON STILL EMPLOYED?

My God... its a good thing you can count on the Bengals to screw themselves because against any halfway decent team, letting them start on your side of the field for half the game = blowout loss.

The 12 men on the field is a fireable offense. Under no circumstances outside of the preseason should that ever happen, much less in a playoff push.

HOW IS GREG MCMAHON STILL EMPLOYED?

My God... its a good thing you can count on the Bengals to screw themselves because against any halfway decent team, letting them start on your side of the field for half the game = blowout loss.

Taking it too far?

He's fine now though and boomed a touchback a few weeks ago when Hartley got hurt.

I think it's time to put him back out there.

Indeed- I was under the impression that he would likely be unable to kick off until next season, or at least that would be the team's policy. He was an obvious upgrade over Hartley (and many other NFL kickers) in that regard.

One improvement might be to make all kick offs out of bounds that way the opponent starts at the THEIR 40 !!!!!!

Special teams have not been special for a while. Returns by our team are not impressive and returns by the other team are usually special. Not giving up the all the way returns, but giving up way tooo much starting field position!!!

Kris

I agree with returning the kick off duties to Morestead full time. Also think it's time to look at another ST coach.

Tulane's Special teams (errrr, kids) were soooo bad this year that just having to touch the same turf they were on, has somehow osmotically absorbed into the Saints players.

Now that Tulane's season is over, the effects should be dissapating. Unfortunately, they have been so bad for so many years that the half-life has become extended. I believe the worst is over.

Hire Fred McAffee(sp?) to coach them...... he couldn't do worse. Maybe he could but it'd only be marginally worse, lol........

Fast Freddy is on the not so special team coaching staff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom