Special Teams Discussion (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Special Team is horrible. They've consistently given the other Team good field position. Yea Morstead should do the kickoff.

Special teams needsx an overhaul - New coach even.

Defense was on the field a lot. Saints offense either scored quick or short drives. They were tired. JMO

No reason to not have Morestead booming touchbacks.

I could care less about hangtime if Morestead is putting them in the endzone.

And yeah, fire the STs coach.

hey lets keep our heads up we played a tough talented team on there home field it was good win for guys yes we have some stuff to clean up but a win is a win in the NFL

The special teams unit was woeful on the returns, but at least Hartley and the rest of the FG kicking unit has apparently gotten their act together.

Special teams needsx an overhaul - New coach even.

Defense was on the field a lot. Saints offense either scored quick or short drives. They were tired. JMO

The defense was on the field a lot because they kept giving up long 3rd down conversions and let Palmer look like a good QB.

Sometimes a D being out there too long is the offense's fault. Today it was the defense's fault.

yes. I was screaming at the TV all game long about the special teams. Defense didnt play their best, but they cant be blamed if they have to constantly defend only half the field. I mean seriously, the special teams must improve or we will lose a close game.

hey lets keep our heads up we played a tough talented team on there home field it was good win for guys yes we have some stuff to clean up but a win is a win in the NFL

I agree completely, but if we don't get to talk about this ST performance this week there wouldn't be much to talk about.

Payton has been good about playing the best players (e.g. Ivory, Moore,etc). Sames needs to go for the coaches. The ST coach is not performing. Every phase of STs have been poor this year - KO and Punt coverage and returns, FGs.

We're in position to challenge again for the Super Bowl, need to get the STs fixed now!!

Special teams is/are a liability, but 11 penalties for 100 yards is inexcusable. That's just plain sloppy

starting every defensive series on our close to our side of the 50 is not going to help the defense at all.

that 12 men on the field penalty was just plain Dumb!

If I'm not mistaken, Morestead's injury in the preseason (or early in the season) prevents him from performing the kickoffs. Re: This game- I do think the weather had some effect on both special team units.

Didn't Gregg Williams always coach special teams for other teams? Maybe he needs to into that position here as well.

If I'm not mistaken, Morestead's injury in the preseason (or early in the season) prevents him from performing the kickoffs. I do think the weather had some effect on both special team units.

He's fine now though and boomed a touchback a few weeks ago when Hartley got hurt.

I think it's time to put him back out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom