Special Teams were special (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Lutz and Morstead came up big. How big was the 52 yard punt downed at the 9 with a minute to go in the half? You can't overlook that as bad as our D was reeling at the time. Led to a 3 and out deep on their end and then a quick field goal.

Finally special teams helped win a game for the Saints. Without good special teams today, Saints probably lose. It's so important, actually a third of the game. Keep it up guys, it will help win games you otherwise might lose.

Before the season even started I said that given the schedule we had, special teams play was going to be needed to win at least two or three games.

That’s one!!!

And really nice roughing the center that turned 3 points into 7, and could have cost the game and definitely caused the game to go to overtime.

Our special teams has been a bright spot so far in every facet. I think Hill is gonna break a touchdown at some point at this pace.

Several guys made the team soley for the special teams play and I distinctly remember hearing how dumb we were for it.

It's a 3rd of the game. To shirk it was part of why were going 7-9 those seasons.

I bet after the browns game, they saw what Cleveland did to themselves, were reminded that we've been there before and hopefully have the focus to make sure special teams isn't a forgotten part of our game plans. We looked good in that area yesterday. I know Cleveland was mainly just kicks missed, but a good reminder none the less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom