Speculation about Brunell (1 Viewer)

bigcobra

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was listening to Moving the Chains on Sirius this afternoon, and Pat Kirwan made a statement that he firmly feels that Brunell will end up signing with us. They talked about Carr going to NY, and mentioned that we were Trent Green's second choice. I dont know about yall, but i for one would love to have a class act like M. Brunell become a saint.
(plus hes gotta be healthy because he hasnt played in so long)

I thought he played some last season. I know he def did the season before.

I would be more comfortable with him than Jamie Martin

i was just trying to gather thoughts on maybe signing him to help palko they both leftys they might see something in palko and want brunell to help palko get ready

of course drew don't get hurt, but at least the season wouldn't be over if we had brunell as a backup. carr signing with the giants was a blessing. he's horrible and i'm surprised he can still find work.

Please no!!!!

I got to witness the last 4 years first hand here in the Washington area... And laugh all the way through it since I can't stand the Redskins...

Last year, Brunell only had a job because he sort of saved Joe Gibbs life back when Gibbs was meeting with him in Jacksonville just before they traded for him... drove him to the hospital or something when Gibbs didn't take the right diabetes medicine or something... He was the 3rd guy after being #1 most of the year before.

He has no arm left, can't really throw the out anymore. In Washington, he rarely threw it down the field, and for everyone saying he was a great guy, just as many said he sulked and wasn't one to really help develop the young guys... I say PASS... He's no better than Martin, and Jamie at least knows the system.

Hahahaha. I went to wikipedia to see if it said anything about his labrum surgery and I noticed down at the bottom it said he was preceded by Billy Joe Hobert at Washington U. and succeeded by Billy Joe Hobert at Washington U. Talk about a blast from the past.

I remember watching him when he was starting out in Jax. The guy was like another Steve Young. I think one game he scramble for like a 70+ yard TD. Too bad he had that major knee injury, he probably would have had a more distinguished career. Anyways, his later playing days with the Redskins games were downright awful. No zip, no accuracy, stick a fork in him. You ever watched a player(nonsaint) who played so bad you just got angry? That's him. I forgot all about that feeling until I saw Tavaris Jackson with the Vikings play. If they can't get anyone else worth something, add me to the J. Martin camp. At least he knows the plays.

He's smart, but he's so done it's not even funny. PASS.

I think Brunell is a lefty. Isn't Palko a lefty too? Maybe that is where our FO is coming from. They see him as mentor and 3rd option. Because as a QB the lights went off years ago.

Brunell = turbo pascal software programming

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom