(Speculation) Baltimore might be Interested in Ingram - espn (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram

ESPN's Jamison Hensley considers free agent Mark Ingram a potential target for the Ravens.

The Ravens had the second most rush yards in the league last year, but they did it without a true feature back.
Ingram is a strong scheme fit for OC Greg Roman, who has a history of success with late-career veterans. Landing in Baltimore would be a best case scenario for Ingram's 2019 outlook.
My Official Position is NO FREAKIN WAY! As long as Brees is here, Ingram needs to be here. For some reason, I am not worried it. I just see Ingram in Black and Gold next year.

OP
OP
Swimmer

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who Dats. I don't take neg reps personal. So if a bunch of you want to Turd this post, rock on and go for it. It will just show me how bad so many Who Dats love or value Ingram. Ingram showing up at the airport while on suspension after a huge road win just says so much about his character, caring for his teammates and leadership.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Who Dats. I don't take neg reps personal. So if a bunch of you want to Turd this post, rock on and go for it. It will just show me how bad so many Who Dats love or value Ingram. Ingram showing up at the airport while on suspension after a huge road win just says so much about his character, caring for his teammates and leadership.
It it is all good. You were just posting an article.

JackT.

was Jake from State Farm
Reaction score
most backs his age and talent is getting around the 4 mil a year mark. If the Saints can come close to that I believe he stays. He is close to setting the all time record here and a big chance for that ring or two while Drew is here. Unless someone just throws money at him, he should stay.

picnicwithfish

Geaux SAINTS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
What Ingram lacks in talent, compared to a younger athletic rookie, he MORE than makes up with blocking, leadership, and team chemistry/morale. We went through this a few years back when they decided to purge the “old” veterans. Didn’t work so well. Team chemistry is worth more if he will agree to a fair contract, which all signs point to yes...

Reaction score
I hope we find a way to keep him. But if we don't, the Ravens would be an ideal landing spot from our vantage point @least. I could certainly deal with having to face him only 1 time 3 yrs from now when the hits n mileage would finally start catching up with him

Last edited:

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Someone from ESPN considers him a potential target.

That doesn’t mean Baltimore is interested.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
Mark is such a fixture and an intricate part of our locker room dynamic, I think that it would a significant blow if we lost him in FA. On that note, I believe that the team already knows that and will give him a fair deal that will benefit both player and franchise. The report that Balt is interested in Mark is the writer connecting the dots and playing match maker this early in the off season.

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
His last contract was 4yr/16Mil, with 5 guaranteed. I think since he’ll be 30 and is essentially a #2 RB, matching the 4/16 would be fair. However, since his productivity has basically doubled over the last 4 years of his career compared to the 1st 4, I would increase the guaranteed to somewhere between 8-12 and front load the contract so about 12 of it is earned in the first 2 years to protect us when he hits the inevitable wall.

MLU

National Signing Day Legend
Reaction score
Baltimore has the cap space to chase Le'Veon Bell. Theye need to leave Ingram alone.

Deucewildin

Rookie
Reaction score
most backs his age and talent is getting around the 4 mil a year mark. If the Saints can come close to that I believe he stays. He is close to setting the all time record here and a big chance for that ring or two while Drew is here. Unless someone just throws money at him, he should stay.

Ingram last contract was 4 years 16 mil 4 mil a year . Ingram isn’t MOST BACKS he’s a pro bowl player whose considered one of the best in the league don’t forget that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)