(Speculation) Baltimore might be Interested in Ingram - espn (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram

ESPN's Jamison Hensley considers free agent Mark Ingram a potential target for the Ravens.

The Ravens had the second most rush yards in the league last year, but they did it without a true feature back.
Ingram is a strong scheme fit for OC Greg Roman, who has a history of success with late-career veterans. Landing in Baltimore would be a best case scenario for Ingram's 2019 outlook.

My Official Position is NO FREAKIN WAY! As long as Brees is here, Ingram needs to be here. For some reason, I am not worried it. I just see Ingram in Black and Gold next year.

I hope the Saints can sign him quickly so these threads die quickly and we can move on to the trade Ingram for 50,000 first round draft pick threads.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram

ESPN's Jamison Hensley considers free agent Mark Ingram a potential target for the Ravens.

My Official Position is NO FREAKIN WAY! As long as Brees is here, Ingram needs to be here. For some reason, I am not worried it. I just see Ingram in Black and Gold next year.
Misleading thread title, sensationalistic even for you, Swimmer.

The article is a common 'connecting dots' exercise and I invite you to point out where there is any mention of a source or actual rumor stating anyone involved in football operations at the Baltimore Ravens has any actual interest in Ingram.

Here's the actual piece, note the title 'bold predictions':-

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/25944721/bold-2019-nfl-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams

I saw that on Rotoworld as well, but it isn’t anything other than speculation. The Ravens could certainly use a feature RB of Ingram’s caliber, and the fit makes sense on paper... but from all indications, Ingram is happy with the Saints and wants to remain in New Orleans.

Rotoworld is a fantasy football focused site, and they see things in terms of how it would benefit a player’s fantasy value.

In free agency, every team is interested in every player. It is just a matter of needs, wants, and how much each players willing to accept. It is still early. But I do wish we retain him. I can almost bet Ingram is willing to take a little less to stay with us. But I will not blame him or be upset at him if a team is willing to pay him a lot more than what we are offering. Ingram deserve to be paid and I think Ingram will be reasonable. I hope the front office will do the same.

I would think many teams would like to have him. Mark if you read this...just say no to all of them. But, ESPECIALLY Baltimore. I used to live there. Talking about a crap place to live. Crime, crappy weather. No way.

Looking back at when he signed his last deal in 2015, he and the team came to an agreement on the contract on March 7th, which was the first day of the “legal tampering” window since the 2015 League year started on March 10th.

NOLA.com: Mark Ingram signs new deal to stay with Saints, according to source

Hoping we can get him signed before that legal tampering window opens this time.

Not sure if some of you will agree with me on this but Ingram is a much better running back since we signed Kamara. So, I hope they don't break up the twins.

Not sure if some of you will agree with me on this but Ingram is a much better running back since we signed Kamara. So, I hope they don't break up the twins.
I agree to a point. Ingram was never used to his full potential. Go back to late 2014. He was having some good games. 2015....he almost had 1000 until the coach decided to rest him toward the end because of an injury. 2016... Had his first 1000 yards. 2017....more of the same. I know they compliment each other but Ingram is already a good back by himself

there are 2 big issues regarding this rumor...

First, Ingram would actually have to want to sign with them.... and secondly, at 30 years old, Mark is no longer a primary, 3-down RB for a 16-game season. He is a complimentary back. No one is going to offer a big contract to a RB on the other side of 30 yrs old.

I don't think Ingram would be as effective on a slow outdoor, often wet, real grass surface. Does Baltimore have grass. And NO, not the medicinal type where Junya would be smoking the playing field - lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom