(Speculation)Houston Texans Could Trade D. Watson (1 Viewer)

Every time I've seen that guy play (which is not a ton of times) I've thought 'MAN that guy is good'. Imagine him with a good offensive line and our weapons. He's got the best mix of pocket passing and freak athleticism. I think he'll age better than other 'athlete' type QBs because of his brains. He'll settle into the pocket passer role more when his legs aren't quite as strong.

BTW, I would take Watson over Burrow.
I figure anyone sensible would. Even if you think Burrow is better. Watson is provably good right now.

As for trading for him, even after trading Hopkins, this would be the death knell for O'Brien. There's no way in my mind I could see them doing this. None. It would be the biggest landscape shakeup in Saints history since we drafted Reggie Bush.

And I don't mean in terms of final impact, clearly signing Brees was that. But from the day it's announced.

It feels like time to get the word 'speculation' added to the thread title.

That would be great addition. I don't think they are crazy enough to do that though. They already traded D. Hopkins, that was crazy move and a stupid one.

I cannot believe Houston would trade Watson. I have given up on O'Brien, but ownership would have to approve this trade.

And my guess is that at least 30 of the 32 teams would take Watson over Burrow. And I like Burrow very much. But Watson has a stronger arm, has better mobility, and most important has proven he can be a star in the NFL.

Not mortgaging the future for any one player
The only reason I disagree with this is due to the fact that we have hit on so many picks in the past couple of years that our team is so stacked. We could afford to lose out on the draft bc we have hit on idk how many players in the past couple of years that grade out as first round talent. But yes it normally is a reckless move, but to keep Watson is that big of a difference maker.

I love watching Watson play. Having said that, seeing what he puts himself through makes me glad to see him doing it for another team. I do not like thinking that every year could bring "is this the year that our QB makes it through the entire year"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom