Speculation: Njoku on the block (1 Viewer)

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
  • Just because Kitchens and Dorsey are no longer around does not mean Njoku is safe, however.
Trotter mentions that Njoku seemed to be losing the trust of Baker Mayfield and that if the Browns can get something valuable in return, a trade may be best for both sides.

My friends around Cleveland are evenly split on keeping him.

Njoku played in just four games this past season, logging five catches for 41 yards and a touchdown.

Barring a change to the offensive scheme, I think I'd rather the Saints use FA or trades to take care of the WR and Guard issues first.

I wouldn’t mind making a move for him if we didn’t have a starter already in Jared Cook. But Cook is up in age at 32 while Njoku is only 23. If we could trade Cook & our 4th rounder for him than I would do that. Cook showed to be an integral piece last year though. Could Njoku with his injury history be able to give us the same production when healthy? We could add him with Cook, but I don’t think that would be ideal cause both should be starting IMO.

He’s been the guy labeled with “potential” for a while now, but something seems off with this guy. I’d be afraid of a Coby Fleener part 2 situation with him. A big financial commitment with no results. It just feels like a high risk situation. The Saints can’t afford a big mistake.

He’s been the guy labeled with “potential” for a while now, but something seems off with this guy. I’d be afraid of a Coby Fleener part 2 situation with him. A big financial commitment with no results. It just feels like a high risk situation. The Saints can’t afford a big mistake.
He is still on rookie contract. Basically he has 2 years to earn the 2nd contract.

I would be down. Our attack is short pass oriented and having 2 TEs could be dangerous. Plus if Cook goes down we would have more athleticism than we did last year. Anybody know if he can block well?

Maybe on a rookie deal, but I wouldn’t give up too much in a trade. Cost can be defined in many ways.
This is true, I suspect they would take a day three pick. We could conceivably do a player for player swap as well..

Apparently he is a lightning rod for sports radio there.

Man some people here are willing to offer wayyyy too much for a guy who has done next to nothing in his professional career. I think we could get him for a 5th round pick.

I’m thinking conditional 7th than can become slightly more or less depending on if he makes the team, how he performs if he does, health, etc. it would max out as a 5th.

This is the exact kind of guy we even can go and get. If he were playing up to his potential, then he'd be George Kittle or Travis Kelce and no one thinks we can go and trade for them...

I'd take him for a 5th rounder in a heartbeat. I kinda want to draft a TE anyway. I like Cook but he's no spring chicken and he's in his last year. We need a succession plan.

I think people are underselling Njoku. He was a top 10 TE in 2018. 56 for 639 from a 2nd-year player is pretty impressive. Everything on the Browns was dysfunctional last year. I'm sure people will look past an injury riddled year on that team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom