Speculation of Saints maybe wanting to go after Briggs.... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_RelatedNews.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=NO

Although its pure speculation i thought i would post this that says that Washington and 49ers are intrested in Briggs and the Saints could join the mix....its not a rumors just speculation

Yeah I saw that. I'm just amazed that the Redskins are still going to try and overpay for FA's instead of building their team right. I'm even more amazed they even have the finances to do so.

Yea i surprised at that too...i also read on rotoworld that some how they are gonna try and go after Florence and DJ Hacket...i have no idea where they are getting this money from....

I wouldn't mind going after him we can afford it, but so can the 49ers, I guess it would matter who he wants to play for more. I hope the Redskins have a Cap-Gate scandal this year and get banned from the league.

This would be the one free agent that I would be more than happy to give Tom Benson's big bucks to. He is a young, proven backer. We definitely need upgrading on the defensive side of the ball, particularly at linebacker. If we pass, we would still need to draft a young backer early in the draft. This, however, is a crapshoot. It's not certain that a Conner or Lofton will ever reach Briggs' level of play.

I would go so far as to say that it is absolutely critical that we snag Briggs. This is our big opportunity.

PLEASE!!! I'd rather a stud young LB than a suspect corner out of his system!!

He is a cover 2 OLB who played with amazing defensive talent around him and Urlacher beside him....so yeah...just saying.

I think he'll be good, but I think the 49ers will sign him.

Yeah I saw that. I'm just amazed that the Redskins are still going to try and overpay for FA's instead of building their team right. I'm even more amazed they even have the finances to do so.

According to Ask the Commish as of Feb 1 -

32 Washington Redskins $-22078740

Negative $22 million? They are going to have to do some major salary juggling and cutting for them to just break even nevermind signing guys like Briggs or Hackett. They'll probably manage to do it like they always do but it'll be a miracle for them to come up with enough cap room to outbid the Saints

He is a cover 2 OLB who played with amazing defensive talent around him and Urlacher beside him....so yeah...just saying.

I think he'll be good, but I think the 49ers will sign him.

What I see in Briggs is an exceptional linebacker who just happens to play in a cover 2 system. In other words, I believe that he has the skills to play in various schemes. He is extremely physical, plays downhill, has great wheels and is very instinctive.

That said, I do believe that the niners will make a BIG play for him.

The Redskins are a perenially mediocre team who sometimes stagger into the playoffs despite a laundry list of overpaid free agents that don't pan out.
Randle El
Archuleta
etc.
They wouldn't have even made the playoffs this year if the Saints hadn't handed it to them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom