Speculation: Richard offered Saint’s DC position (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is pure speculation, but I thought the exact same thing when I heard the Richard news. Allen offered him the DC position, but Richard wanted to called plays. Which lines up with the reports of “philosophical differences” (aka you’re the DC but really not). Everyone who’s throwing out top DC names need to let that dream go, Allen will not give up play calling duties. No real DC will come here for a title and no real duties. Look for the saints to promotion from within.

If our defensive scheme is so awesome why do we fold at the end of fourth quarters? Why can't we hold a small lead? We give the other team the ball with 90 seconds left and it's long successful pass, long successful pass, easy TD. Game over.
Can't argue with this. Also, how many times have we given up 3rd down penalties on D to help out the opposition and continue the drives that ultimately end with a score.......i.e., the Minnesota game. That's an undisciplined Defense, in my opinion.

Hasn’t DA had one of the top Ds the last 4-5 years?
Y’all letting your anger over the season cloud everything
Our woeful offense doesn’t mean we need to clean house on D
That's what I was thinking.....do we need a DC? Seems our D has been one of the lone bright spots the last 2 seasons.

Allen needs to focus on managing the game and let someone else manage the defense. If Allen wants to be a defensive coordinator he should resign and become one elsewhere

If our defensive scheme is so awesome why do we fold at the end of fourth quarters? Why can't we hold a small lead? We give the other team the ball with 90 seconds left and it's long successful pass, long successful pass, easy TD. Game over.
Because it isn't awesome. Can someone who thinks that it is awesome tell us why we're so good schemewise on Defense.

Is it our blitz packages?
Do we disguise our zone coverages?
Do we do a lot of stunts, use presnap "misalignments" to confuse the O?

What do we do that's so great that shows Allen is a capable D coordinator?

Allen needs to focus on managing the game and let someone else manage the defense. If Allen wants to be a defensive coordinator he should resign and become one elsewhere
Same thing people said about Payton, but in the end, we were better for having Payton manage the offense.

If a HC is special at doing something, part of their value is being allowed to do that thing. Lots of great teams have HCs calling plays, and it's part of what makes them great.

I don't like Allen as much as the next Saints fan, but his calling plays isn't the problem. Our problems on offense aren't about managing the game. They are about the stuff that happens before we ever touch the field.

Because it isn't awesome. Can someone who thinks that it is awesome tell us why we're so good schemewise on Defense.

Exactly the defenses success has more to do with the talent, even then the line grossly underperformed. The team was also abysmal at generating turnovers

Kansas City doesn't have half the talent of the Saints but they get the job done

Plenty of defenses that use lots of movement and blitzes that are terrible.

Allen's defenses are good.

The truth is, and this is something I pointed out in another thread, if you have an offense that can't score a TD in the 4th quarter, you will lose games late. Every defense, no matter how good, is going to give up 4th quarter points at times. When we do, it's an automatic loss because we can't score.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom