Speculation: Saints May Chase Freeney... Esp. If They Lose Out On Nnamdi (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Doesnt he always have a bad ankle?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

He's been banged up a little, but he played in every game the prior two years, and only missed three over the four years prior to last year, accumulating over 40 sacks in those 4 years.

We would be better off going after Abraham.

I'd rather James Harrison. I just heard a discussion with a local Pittsbugh host and he claimed he's still got it. There were minor injury issues last year but he's recovered.

If they're about the same price, I'll take Harrison.

I'd rather James Harrison. I just heard a discussion with a local Pittsbugh host and he claimed he's still got it. There were minor injury issues last year but he's recovered.

If they're about the same price, I'll take Harrison.

I agree with Dan, Freeney and Abraham are better suited to the 4-3 and at this stage in their careers a change in scheme wouldnt help their production at all.

Im fine with picking up Harrison as long as he comes cheap. That way he has a point to prove and chip on his shoulder. Id still draft an OLB in the draft as someone to take over his role next season, but Harrison could still do a job for us.

Harrison and Jamie Collins in the draft would be a nice combination IMO.

A 3-4 and a 4-3 are not that cut and dry different.

Rob Ryan runs a lot of 4 man fronts, especially on passing downs.

I have to agree with the other poster- the 4 man front doesn't mean typical 4-3 personnel.... That being said we will run a bunch of different personnel packages- and I don't see Freeney as a good fit for a situational player, at his age and his salary

I have to agree with the other poster- the 4 man front doesn't mean typical 4-3 personnel.... That being said we will run a bunch of different personnel packages- and I don't see Freeney as a good fit for a situational player, at his age and his salary

Demarcus Ware could play all day in a 4-3. There's no fundamental difference between Ware playing in a four man front under Rob in Dallas and if it were Freeney (or whoever) doing it here.

Freeney's salary is going to be a pittance. Not that we should sign him, but the last thing I'd worried about is having to overpay for him. He, Harrison, and Abraham are going to end up on incentive laden short term deals.

If you said to me that we need a vet, I'd probably swing for Harrison. I think he's got it still as a situational rusher.

Demarcus Ware could play all day in a 4-3. There's no fundamental difference between Ware playing in a four man front under Rob in Dallas and if it were Freeney (or whoever) doing it here.

Freeney's salary is going to be a pittance. Not that we should sign him, but the last thing I'd worried about is having to overpay for him. He, Harrison, and Abraham are going to end up on incentive laden short term deals.

If you said to me that we need a vet, I'd probably swing for Harrison. I think he's got it still as a situational rusher.

The difference being Ware is more protected in a 3-4.

IN a 4 man front the OT and the OG can help on him
In a 3 man front, the OT and a TE or RB will have to help....
Ask Bushrod

Ask Bushrod

When he's lined up at OLB, yes, that's true.

tumblr_miow7uF7j21qg6446o1_400.gif

Ask Bushrod

I really don't understand what everyone is going on about. Whether it's a 3-4, or a 4-3, Dwight Freeney is lining up outside the tackle and rushing the QB. Since he is so undersized, he was never an ideal 4-3 DE either. But a guy at 250-260 pounds running in the 4.4s can make a lot of things work.

The major benefit of a 3-4 is that the OLB stands up and creates a little seperation from the tackle. Makes it harder for the behemoths to get their hands on the outside rusher.

But again, either way, Freeney is coming off that edge 100 MPH.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom