Speculation: Saints May Chase Freeney... Esp. If They Lose Out On Nnamdi (Merged) (1 Viewer)

I'm concerned with our ability to scout talent on the defensive side of the ball. Seems we're stuck on getting an old vet "quick fix" rather than trying to develop young up and comers

I say pass...Id rather look at a 3rd round YOUNG guy whos a little rough around the edges and hungry.

I don't want my team turning into a graveyard for peaked players coming in for their last shot at glory and taking away from our up and comers. I know we struck gold with Sharper in '09 but at some point people will have to realize that that kind of a signing isn't going to happen every year!

We should go after Freeney regardless. Sign him to a 1-2 deal on the cheap and use him as situational pass rusher. Imagine him in the Dome after the Saints get a 2-3 TD lead on someone.

I'd feel better about signing him if this were two years ago....Freeney doesn't have that "WOW" factor in my book anymore...

I don't like it personally, I agree with the fact that he's past anything of value.

Then there's this from the PFT article this morning.

Second, Freeney made clear last month during an appearance on PFT Live that he wants to return to defensive end in a 4-3 scheme, the position he played for his entire career before moving to linebacker in a 3-4. The Saints currently are installing a 3-4.

Saints could make a play for Freeney | ProFootballTalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom