Speculation: Saints May Chase Freeney... Esp. If They Lose Out On Nnamdi (Merged) (1 Viewer)

I totally think Freeny can still play, and he's a smart and high character guy...but I didn't think he wanted to play 3-4 OLB anymore. We'll see. Third down with him and Junior rushing would be fierce.

We already pay a 4-3 DE to play a 3-4 OLB, why buy another one?

One can actually rush the passer... while the other can't. 3-4 defenses use sub-packages where 4 down linemen rush the passer. I couldn't think of a better (available) player than Freeney for this role.

One can actually rush the passer... while the other can't. 3-4 defenses use sub-packages where 4 down linemen rush the passer. I couldn't think of a better (available) player than Freeney for this role.

I don't claim to know all about what Rob Ryan will run but I do know I saw Ware with his hand in the grand on the line a ton the past two years (and under Wade too).

So I think there's a place for someone like Freeney situationally.

I don't claim to know all about what Rob Ryan will run but I do know I saw Ware with his hand in the grand on the line a ton the past two years (and under Wade too).

So I think there's a place for someone like Freeney situationally.

No doubt. Plus Freeney wouldn't need to play EVERY snap so he'd stay fresh.

No doubt. Plus Freeney wouldn't need to play EVERY snap so he'd stay fresh.

Really? The guy had 5 sacks last season as a full time starter. He had less than Junior and only a couple more than Martez despite playing more than both combined. He is 33 years old and will cost a couple million a year to be less productive than both Junior and Martez for a high price. He had less production that Will Smith.

If you are only going to get a small amount of production why not put a young player out there that costs less who has potential get better instead of an old guy who peaked and has been on decline for 4 years now?

Really? The guy had 5 sacks last season as a full time starter. He had less than Junior and only a couple more than Martez despite playing more than both combined. He is 33 years old and will cost a couple million a year to be less productive than both Junior and Martez for a high price. He had less production that Will Smith.

If you are only going to get a small amount of production why not put a young player out there that costs less who has potential get better instead of an old guy who peaked and has been on decline for 4 years now?

End of story. Pass.

the question here is do we sign namdi or sign two other quality guys? i think we could get some serious experience on defense at 3.5 to 4.5mill a year......and for fun lets sign Urlacher for 2mil!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom