Speculation (Winston will probably leave) (3 Viewers)

texasjefe

That's how football go
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How awesome would it be if Jameis came out of the locker room in a Dalton jersey, gave the finger to Dennis, and took the field.

RiverRat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He's good enough where he can play, but not 100%. All this speculation isn't addressing that DA may be saving him from himself knowing that Sunday the QB is going to get mauled.
I think it is possible that DA is trying to salvage his own reputation along with giving Jameis the best chance to land somewhere in the off-season.

I think in DAs mind, Jameis lost the job. Going back to Jameis admits to mismanaging the situation. It doesn’t look great for him regardless, but I think he may see this is a greater negative. When he interviews somewhere else he can atleast claim injuries prevented success. For Jameis, if he comes back and still sucks his career might be done. If he coasts the rest of the year on the bench, he’s almost guaranteed a shot somewhere next year.

I honestly think DA, Winston, and Dalton are all gone next year. If not, it’s going to be an awkward workplace.

mikedre

Rookie
Reaction score
Can Jameis read defenses?
I can't see how that is making that much of a difference. We are 3-7! Winston has a 1-3 record, while Dalton has a 2-5 record. Winston - 286 yd avg / Dalton - 223. Winston played hurt and Dalton is healthy. Where is reading defenses making a difference with these stats?

Judge_Smails

Above Average Yachtsman
Reaction score
Giving out interviews that insinuate, if not outright, accuse your coach of lying to you is not good for the locker room. That isn't to say that he's wrong for doing it. I believe him, I have no reason not to, and DA hasn't shown me enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. Having said that, Winston is basically auditioning for another team at this point, at least in my opinion. He's clearly feeling like he's been treated poorly (again maybe it's true) and he's telling the media about it. Maybe they can sweep it under the bridge but sometimes you just don't have a way back from the things you say. Doesn't mean he's not a good teammate, just means he isn't planning on sticking around.
Coaches lying to a player or players and then telling a different lie to media is what’s “not good” for the locker room.

When this is all said and done most people in the league will chalk all this up to DA being an incompetent joke as a HC and “leader of men.”

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The more important question is whether Dalton will be here next year.

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Jameis didn't appear on podcasts like I Am Athlete or The Pivot to talk about his experiences with the Saints. He'll definitely be on one this offseason.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jameis didn't appear on podcasts like I Am Athlete or The Pivot to talk about his experiences with the Saints. He'll definitely be on one this offseason.
I don't know, he's gotta be careful looking for other opportunities after this year if they release him.

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seeing Minschew name being thrown around. No thank you. If he was any good he would of stayed Jax QB. He is nothing more than a decent back up.qb.

BayouSAINTJoe

YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah...he done, so now we're in the what happens next phase. Dalton isn't capable of Tannehilling it in NO so he's out as well leaving us with Hill as the only carry over QB....Do we give him a shot? If so, how short is he leash?

OP
OP
LUX

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah...he done, so now we're in the what happens next phase. Dalton isn't capable of Tannehilling it in NO so he's out as well leaving us with Hill as the only carry over QB....Do we give him a shot? If so, how short is he leash?
Hill wants to be a starter. I just don't see that happening here. He would probably do better than Wilson in Denver, but I guess Denver is stuck with that problem for a while. Maybe the Colts could be a landing spot since Matt Ryan isn't the answer there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom