Speculation (Winston will probably leave) (3 Viewers)

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sure he will leave and rightfully so. DA doesn't want him. He tried to get Deshaun and only signed Winston when he couldn't. At his first opportunity he benched him for an old QB that can't play anymore.

Reaction score
If he leaves it's okay, he's not the quarterback we need. Our next quarterback is not on this team!
How do you really know this. The only ones who really gave him a chance were Payton and Brees. DA blew up Payton’s scheme Day 1 of HC to prove himself. That failed miserably. The first thing he should have learned was that you can’t be a players’ coach. These young people need discipline in this day and age. Set the rules, follow them, hold everyone accountable, and he would have been respected. Second, he really didn’t have the running back room to try to be a run heavy offense with a dink and dunk passing game. He didn’t have the QB for that. Dalton wasn’t the answer. Payton relied heavily on the screenplays and passes out of the backfield to the RBs as his dink and dunk. Then he would kill you with the bomb. He also mixed in the TEs. Allen went away from all of this. IMHO, I don’t believe Loomis saw this coming. He thought PC would be allowed to run Payton’s offense with the personnel he had with Winston at the helm. I believe Allen went rogue and the vets essentially bailed. They are using injuries as a cover, not saying that they are not knicked up. Just that they won’t come back like they would if Jamies was playing. I believe that locker room and the vets like Jameis and believed he gave them the best chance to win. When DA said no, the vets said no.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Worst indictment of Pete and DA I can think of is their absolute refusal to give Taysom touches. Regardless of how you feel on Winston vs. Dalton, that is one thing we can all agree on. It's like DA's tanking and has forgotten we don't have a first round pick next season.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Or starter, but there will be other options available.

Of the veteran QBs available that could be backups to a young QB, he's the guy who has proven he can be that guy.
If you mean losing, yes. I can't take anything away from Dalton in his Cincy years, but his record as a backup in his last three stops is nothing to get excited about. I don't know if it was Payton, but I would rather a guy like Teddy as a backup over dalton because his best days are behind him.

Reaction score
Worst indictment of Pete and DA I can think of is their absolute refusal to give Taysom touches. Regardless of how you feel on Winston vs. Dalton, that is one thing we can all agree on. It's like DA's tanking and has forgotten we don't have a first round pick next season.
DA is the fault. PC is only doing what he is told.

Saint Pompano

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
If you mean losing, yes. I can't take anything away from Dalton in his Cincy years, but his record as a backup in his last three stops is nothing to get excited about. I don't know if it was Payton, but I would rather a guy like Teddy as a backup over dalton because his best days are behind him.

I want Gardner Minshew as QB1 with a veteran backup. Bring Gardner in as QB1 from day 1 and build around that. This guy was shipped out of Jax for being too strong of a leader. We need that.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I want Gardner Minshew as QB1 with a veteran backup. Bring Gardner in as QB1 from day 1 and build around that. This guy was shipped out of Jax for being too strong of a leader. We need that.
I don't know, he's kinda like Heinke in Washington, an overachiever but not that guy. If we are looking for a transition guy until the guy, that's cool. We need a long-term plan, hopefully without DA. I heard some rumblings this week that Daniels might draft a young guy and get rid of Carr. However, with our cap we can't afford Carr.

Saint Pompano

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don't know, he's kinda like Heinke in Washington, an overachiever but not that guy. If we are looking for a transition guy until the guy, that's cool. We need a long-term plan, hopefully without DA. I heard some rumblings this week that Daniels might draft a young guy and get rid of Carr. However, with our cap we can't afford Carr.
I'd take Carr in a heartbeat. LV can get out of Carr's contract very easy after this season for minimal $. I think he’s also 31, so probably 5+ years of good or better QB play. Carr's leadership has also never been questioned and he's had to be the leader there through some rough times especially with off the field distractions.

BigDSaintsFan

Go Saints!
Reaction score
Can we confirm if he is or isn’t healthy? I hear both answers every day. I feel like he’s healthy until he doesn’t get the start, and then a leak says otherwise
He (Winston) said in his interview with Triplett that he is not 100%.

OP
OP
LUX

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He (Winston) said in his interview with Triplett that he is not 100%.
He also said he is healthy enough to play. I think he is probably about 90% or more healed. Whether or not that affects anything, who knows, but he has been on the bench for almost 2 1/2 months?

WhoDatSean

Super Bowl Bound
Reaction score
Not defending DA by any means but Winston ain’t it either. But hey, all we need is to bring the right person in. Forget this multi year rebuild no winning in sight crap…look at Burrow. Turned the whole franchise around. Heads up guys

rlemieux

Who Dat?
Reaction score
I posted this in its own thread the other day and it got pushed to the locker by the mods with no explanation. I’ve been on this board long enough that I should have at least a little credibility. Mores starting to come out already and there will be much more I’m sure.

I’ve been quietly saying for weeks there’s more to this whole debacle than what’s on the surface.

- Last week Winston comes out and says some things in an interview about not being heathly
- DA comes out weeks ago and says Winston is healthy but Dalton will continue to start and it’s a performance call not injury related
- For weeks Winston’s name hasn’t been on an injury report
- Today DA says Dalton is starting and Winston will probably not be healthy for the rest of the year
- Again, right after that announcement comes another injury report visibly missing Winston’s name.

I have never claimed to know everything but I have a connection or two that the casual person might not. I would say we’re (for the most part) a fairly intelligent fan base. You have to, at some point, start putting things together and seeing things don’t add up. The NFL is pretty serious when it comes to injury reports. They’ve fined teams and coaches multitudes of times bc of violations. But we have a QB that’s not healthy enough to play but somehow hasn’t been on an injury report in weeks.

I never like to say much but common sense tells you something doesn’t add up. Common sense tells you that if Winston was willing to talk to a reporter last week then he’s been privately saying things (you just don’t go to the media and say something you’ve never said before). Winston got hurt, replaced by the backup and lost his job. He has been healthy enough to be the #2. He’s “not” healthy enough to start…….

I’ll also say this, Winston has a reputation for being a little immature and fragile when it comes to aspects of leadership (maybe not here). Taysom usage, even though sporadic, went up when Dalton came in. Maybe theres more to all that.

Eventually some things will become more clear but I also find it amazing that the local media hasn’t asked more questions. It’s almost like they’re afraid to upset someone……. Watch the podcast from Nick and Mike, especially Mike. It almost like he’s biting his tongue at times and wants to say more than he can. Who knows, maybe it’s all conspiracy theories. Back to your regular scheduled programming.

Last edited:

Saint Pompano

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I posted this in its own thread the other day and it got pushed to the locker by the mods with no explanation. I’ve been on this board long enough that I should have at least a little credibility. Mores starting to come out already and there will be much more I’m sure.

I’ve been quietly saying for weeks there’s more to this whole debacle than what’s on the surface.

- Last week Winston comes out and says some things in an interview about not being heathly
- DA comes out weeks ago and says Winston is healthy but Dalton will continue to start and it’s a performance call not injury related
- For weeks Winston’s name hasn’t been on an injury report
- Today DA says Dalton is starting and Winston will probably not be healthy for the rest of the year
- Again, right after that announcement comes another injury report visibly missing Winston’s name.

I have never claimed to know everything but I have a connection or two that the casual person might not. I would say we’re (for the most part) a fairly intelligent fan base. You have to, at some point, start putting things together and seeing things don’t add up. The NFL is pretty serious when it comes to injury reports. They’ve fined teams and coaches multitudes of times bc of violations. But we have a QB that’s not healthy enough to play but somehow hasn’t been on an injury report in weeks.

I never like to say much but common sense tells you something doesn’t add up. Common sense tells you that if Winston was willing to talk to a reporter last week then he’s been privately saying things (you just don’t go to the media and say something you’ve never said before). Winston got hurt, replaced by the backup and lost his job. He has been healthy enough to be the #2. He’s “not” healthy enough to start…….

I’ll also say this, Winston has a reputation for being a little immature and fragile when it comes to aspects of leadership (maybe not here). Taysom usage, even though sporadic, went up when Dalton came in. Maybe theres more to all that.

Eventually some things will become more clear but I also find it amazing that the local media hasn’t asked more questions. It’s almost like they’re afraid to upset someone……. Watch the podcast from Nick and Mike, especially Mike. It almost like he’s hitting his tounge at times and wants to say more than he can. Who knows, maybe it’s all conspiracy theories. Back to your regular scheduled programming.

I think it was the last game JW played when Cam post game said "Ask Jameis about Jameis" or "Ask Winston about Winston" can't remember if he used his first or last name. Either way, that's not a comment you hear Cam say about anyone so it was very telling and fits what you have described.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom