Speculation (Winston will probably leave) (15 Viewers)

Reaction score
I posted this in its own thread the other day and it got pushed to the locker by the mods with no explanation. I’ve been on this board long enough that I should have at least a little credibility. Mores starting to come out already and there will be much more I’m sure.

I’ve been quietly saying for weeks there’s more to this whole debacle than what’s on the surface.

- Last week Winston comes out and says some things in an interview about not being heathly
- DA comes out weeks ago and says Winston is healthy but Dalton will continue to start and it’s a performance call not injury related
- For weeks Winston’s name hasn’t been on an injury report
- Today DA says Dalton is starting and Winston will probably not be healthy for the rest of the year
- Again, right after that announcement comes another injury report visibly missing Winston’s name.

I have never claimed to know everything but I have a connection or two that the casual person might not. I would say we’re (for the most part) a fairly intelligent fan base. You have to, at some point, start putting things together and seeing things don’t add up. The NFL is pretty serious when it comes to injury reports. They’ve fined teams and coaches multitudes of times bc of violations. But we have a QB that’s not healthy enough to play but somehow hasn’t been on an injury report in weeks.

I never like to say much but common sense tells you something doesn’t add up. Common sense tells you that if Winston was willing to talk to a reporter last week then he’s been privately saying things (you just don’t go to the media and say something you’ve never said before). Winston got hurt, replaced by the backup and lost his job. He has been healthy enough to be the #2. He’s “not” healthy enough to start…….

I’ll also say this, Winston has a reputation for being a little immature and fragile when it comes to aspects of leadership (maybe not here). Taysom usage, even though sporadic, went up when Dalton came in. Maybe theres more to all that.

Eventually some things will become more clear but I also find it amazing that the local media hasn’t asked more questions. It’s almost like they’re afraid to upset someone……. Watch the podcast from Nick and Mike, especially Mike. It almost like he’s biting his tongue at times and wants to say more than he can. Who knows, maybe it’s all conspiracy theories. Back to your regular scheduled programming.
I don't know about all your conclusions but the injury report thing was significant. There are consequences if you try manipulating those. If Winston truly believes he's not healthy then it could become a big issue with the organization. I hope they wouldn't do something that dumb.

GeauxSainz

Krewe of SaintsChat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Dan went over what JW is doing wrong this year in his AMA thread today. I'm not sure anyone is going to give JW a chance to be QB1 anymore.
This. I wish the best for JW. But Dan summed it up. Our future “successful” QB is not on this roster. And I’m not sure DA would know what to do with that person if he had him.

Domeination

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Winston isn't great, but it's got to be killing him to have to stand on the sidelines and watch a bench warmer like Dalton lose game after game. Of course Winston will be gone at the end of this season. If we leave it to Allen and Carmichael to find and develop the next QB, then I'm afraid we're in for a long journey through the wilderness.

Optimistic Ozzy

Bleeder of Black and Gold
Reaction score
We need a shift from the SP/PC offensive mindset. Let’s get a QB and work around his talents, along with a new HC and OC.

BayouSAINTJoe

YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!
Reaction score
^^^Would've been nice if we worked around the current QBs talents.

But it is what it is...re: Jameis speaking out "airing laundry"....he's come to the realization that it was never business being benched for AD, despite the HC stating he didn't want to "upset the apple cart"...it has always been personal. There hasn't been a single point throughout all of this where AD performed at a noticeably better clip than JW.

mikedre

Rookie
Reaction score
Giving out interviews that insinuate, if not outright, accuse your coach of lying to you is not good for the locker room. That isn't to say that he's wrong for doing it. I believe him, I have no reason not to, and DA hasn't shown me enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. Having said that, Winston is basically auditioning for another team at this point, at least in my opinion. He's clearly feeling like he's been treated poorly (again maybe it's true) and he's telling the media about it. Maybe they can sweep it under the bridge but sometimes you just don't have a way back from the things you say. Doesn't mean he's not a good teammate, just means he isn't planning on sticking around.
So, an interview that was given recently, affected an earlier decision?

OldSaintFan

USM Golden Eagles
Reaction score
Kind of feel for him, but Dennis Allen has no clue what he is doing. I'm sure this will probably burn the bridge with the Saints and Winston. As bad as we are playing, Winston should be at QB. Probably too late at this point, but it is what it is.

He might as well, they don't seem to have any cconfidence in him!!! :gl:

inetnawlins

Black and Gold
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

But it is what it is...re: Jameis speaking out "airing laundry"....he's come to the realization that it was never business being benched for AD, despite the HC stating he didn't want to "upset the apple cart"...it has always been personal. There hasn't been a single point throughout all of this where AD performed at a noticeably better clip than JW.
Um…that’s absolutely not true. Dalton had us in the top 10 offenses (not bottom like JW). Now Dalton’s fallen off a cliff but the team was immediately better on offense when JW was benched.

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know about all your conclusions but the injury report thing was significant. There are consequences if you try manipulating those. If Winston truly believes he's not healthy then it could become a big issue with the organization. I hope they wouldn't do something that dumb.
Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
But at this point they might as well let him play. It's not like we're going anywhere.
But if he goes out and gets hurt everyone will be screaming to the moon about what a horrible decision it was to play him when he wasn't healthy.

JackDiesel

SR is my life!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Um…that’s absolutely not true. Dalton had us in the top 10 offenses (not bottom like JW). Now Dalton’s fallen off a cliff but the team was immediately better on offense when JW was benched.

How are people still repeating this? Dalton didn't have us doing anything. Taysom Hill and the running game did. Teams figured that out, shut down the running game and forced Dalton to beat them with his arm. He can't because he's a perennial loser. It's been detailed several times how bad he's actually been beyond a meaningless TEAM stat so no need to repeat it further.

jahsoul357

VIP Contributor
Reaction score

It’s crazy how folks are now like “let’s build around talents” when we have been screaming that all season. Not speaking about Ozzy because I don’t think I’ve ever seen him with that take but it is a lot of people here that believes that a QB can thrive without good coaching, a good scheme, and good personnel.

Dalton didn’t have us anywhere. Our run game stopped being a liable. You are saying that Dalton has falling off a cliff but the reality of it is his numbers hasn't changed much.

dalton2022.PNG

Up until the Cardinals game, most of the offensive production came from the run game.

webster

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hope JW stays with Saints and we bring in a solid starter. Winston has been a good teammate.

OP
OP
LUX

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I hope JW stays with Saints and we bring in a solid starter. Winston has been a good teammate.
Good teammate is not good enough. If you're not producing, it's a wasted spot on a severely injured team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom