Speculation (Winston will probably leave) (5 Viewers)

OP
OP
LUX

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You don’t think he could be a viable backup?
If Winston is healthy and shows he can win games, then yes. I'm on the Winston boat, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes where I think he won't be back next year. Just like Taysom, they want to be starters, not sitting on the bench. Nature of the business, but the system under CSP really wasn't built for Winston. It would take some cuts to build up the offense for Winston to really succeed.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sure he will leave and rightfully so. DA doesn't want him. He tried to get Deshaun and only signed Winston when he couldn't. At his first opportunity he benched him for an old QB that can't play anymore.

Winston isn't great, but it's got to be killing him to have to stand on the sidelines and watch a bench warmer like Dalton lose game after game. Of course Winston will be gone at the end of this season. If we leave it to Allen and Carmichael to find and develop the next QB, then I'm afraid we're in for a long journey through the wilderness.

Winston isn’t the one that needs to go, but that hate is stronger than ever….apparently he can’t even ride the bench properly!!!!

webster

All-Pro
Reaction score
If Winston is healthy and shows he can win games, then yes. I'm on the Winston boat, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes where I think he won't be back next year. Just like Taysom, they want to be starters, not sitting on the bench. Nature of the business, but the system under CSP really wasn't built for Winston. It would take some cuts to build up the offense for Winston to really succeed.
I like Winston as a backup. I don’t think any team will take a chance on him as a starter. Best case would be for him to do what Dalton did, take a one year deal somewhere to back up a weak qb. If given a chance he could shine. I hope he stays and accepts the backup position, unless there is a young talent that needs time to grow.

OP
OP
LUX

LUX

Ride til I die!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I like Winston as a backup. I don’t think any team will take a chance on him as a starter. Best case would be for him to do what Dalton did, take a one year deal somewhere to back up a weak qb. If given a chance he could shine. I hope he stays and accepts the backup position, unless there is a young talent that needs time to grow.
Matt Ryan is only in Indy for 2 years or 1 year, can't remember, but Indy could easily give him a shot.

webster

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dalton isn't better....he just got more opportunities to fail.

It's messed up but Dude is going to have to play in Canada to get a fair shake at it.
Winston was a starter for years. Teams are desperate for qbs if he was good enough to start teams would’ve been pursuing him the last couple of offseans. His role going forward is as a backup.

Morten_rules

Practice Squad
Reaction score
How is it that no one on the forum realizes that Winston CAN NOT read a defence! He can not Audible out of a play after coming to the line of scrimmage- these are basic’s for an NFL calibre starter. He is so much more athletically gifted than Dalton, we all know that, but his QB iq is simply NOT adequate. When we ask, why does Dalton play, because he makes the correct decision WAY more often than Winston.

Sguill

Genesis
Reaction score
No defending Allen, because he’s horrible, but there’s a lot more going on than we all see. Jameis has put himself in this position with not only his play but his presence in the locker room. You can’t act like a teenager and expect to lead men. Allen has done a lot of things wrong, I don’t believe this is one of them. Jameis is done as an NFL starter. He’s definitely done here and there’s little chance, bearing injury he takes significant snaps again.
Hate to bust your bubble, but Allen has done this before, by refusing to play Pyror after injury and recovery in Oakland, one of the reason his arse got fired. He started and UDFA play name McCloin or something. Winston has been here 3 years in two of those years he was injured by Tampa Bay. The guy really hasn't had a chance. And where to get the act like a teenager from, look don't equate what someone did has a young man with how he will react now. Stop it!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom