Speculation (Winston will probably leave) (1 Viewer)

I don't blame him. And I won't be surprised if we try our annual bone-headed move by trading KAaron Rodgers next off-season.

If Winston doesn't get the system yet.. he never will. It's not bombs away.. it's short to intermediate throws with the occasional deep ball.

Long ball offenses just aren't as good anymore unless you got a QB that extends plays.

Power run is making its case again for dominance.

If Winston doesn't get the system yet.. he never will. It's not bombs away.. it's short to intermediate throws with the occasional deep ball.

Long ball offenses just aren't as good anymore unless you got a QB that extends plays.

Power run is making its case again for dominance.
Then the Saints were stupid to re-sign him. He's never been that style of player. And they knew they didn't have the ability with Carmichael to style the offense around him. So Loomis and Allen should get the blame first.

I’m holding off on all of these thoughts because I believe that Allen is that incompetent no one can really succeed. Dalton comes in the best because of his years of experience, but I’m not holding this year against any of the players or assistants.

We do not have anything to lose by playing Winston, just like we have nothing to lose playing Dalton.
You could stopped right there. We truly have nothing.
Yeah we have a lot of talent. Talent that either perpetually injured or ineffective because the poor play of their team mates. (Who can't tackle, hold onto the ball or not jump offside 5 times a game.)

• 1Like
Reactions: LUX
At this point, it wouldn't help us or hurt us if Winston were to leave.
I gave Winston the benefit of the doubt that he had turned the corner as a QB...but he has somewhat regressed back into his old habits.
Our best offensive weapon (Kamara) is pretty much nonexistent when Winston is on the field.
He's constantly going for the big play instead of the underneath stuff that sets up the big plays.
He doesn't seem to have the ability to read defenses.
He rarely ever calls audibles to adjust to what the defense is showing.

Can we confirm if he is or isn’t healthy? I hear both answers every day. I feel like he’s healthy until he doesn’t get the start, and then a leak says otherwise

He's good enough where he can play, but not 100%. All this speculation isn't addressing that DA may be saving him from himself knowing that Sunday the QB is going to get mauled.

DA will probably be gone, so he should wait on the next staff.

At this point, it wouldn't help us or hurt us if Winston were to leave.
I gave Winston the benefit of the doubt that he had turned the corner as a QB...but he has somewhat regressed back into his old habits.
Our best offensive weapon (Kamara) is pretty much nonexistent when Winston is on the field.
He's constantly going for the big play instead of the underneath stuff that sets up the big plays.
He doesn't seem to have the ability to read defenses.
He rarely ever calls audibles to adjust to what the defense is showing.
Winston is the ultimate “I’ll take you out of a game”, but at the same time “you’re never out of a game” type player. He could put you in a hole, but turn it on, just enough to get you close to victory, or even snatch a victory that shouldn’t be. If that makes sense. With that being said, I don’t think he returns next year. I believe his interview and his comments again this week, all but assures that. A part of me likes that he called out DA, but a part of me kinda wishes he would stop talking about it bc now the media keeps bringing it up.

Personally I think that interview put him in the doghouse! Was not long after that that DA refused to start him when he is healthy. Before that it was when he was complety healthy we would look at it.

We do not have anything to lose by playing Winston, just like we have nothing to lose playing Dalton.

The only issue with playing Winston is the possibility of him getting injured and being unable to June 1 release him due to it.

If DA and Loomis know he isn’t the right QB for the future, then you can’t play him.

The only issue with playing Winston is the possibility of him getting injured and being unable to June 1 release him due to it.

If DA and Loomis know he isn’t the right QB for the future, then you can’t play him.
Here is a thought, let him play and if he performs well, there could be draft capital since we gave ours away or he might help us squeak into the playoffs. Injuries or not, Dalton is not much better than Winston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom