Speculation (Winston will probably leave) (2 Viewers)

I can't see how that is making that much of a difference. We are 3-7! Winston has a 1-3 record, while Dalton has a 2-5 record. Winston - 286 yd avg / Dalton - 223. Winston played hurt and Dalton is healthy. Where is reading defenses making a difference with these stats?
When you have a hapless team that doesn't do anything well the only thing you can tell about the unfortunate Qb is whether or not he can keep his poise while getting mugged by huge men 50 times a game.

At least Dalton doesn't look like a scared little girl at the first site of a blitz or a DLineman getting close. I was pulling for him. I really was.
I'm over it. Dalton isn't the answer but at least he doesn't embarrass himself.

When you have a hapless team that doesn't do anything well the only thing you can tell about the unfortunate Qb is whether or not he can keep his poise while getting mugged by huge men 50 times a game.

At least Dalton doesn't look like a scared little girl at the first site of a blitz or a DLineman getting close. I was pulling for him. I really was.
I'm over it. Dalton isn't the answer but at least he doesn't embarrass himself.
Why couldn't it be that Winston, knowing that he was injured and had no protection, avoided being potentially hurt further, the best way he could?

You mean like everyone else in the league? :unsure:
If you don't like the guy, cool but dumpster juice takes like this makes one question any real football convo..lol
The same wide outs that won a Super Bowl. It helped Cam Newton go to the SB. He did the same thing with his wrs. Just tossed it up

It's just like Drew Brees and Doug Flutie always said: as a starting QB, don't let your back up see the field (or words to that effect).

If nothing else, Dalton is a commanding presence on the field, in the locker room and in front of the camera.

As a QB, you either have that or you don't. Carson Wentz has been criticized for the same thing.

I think JW might make a solid back up with a team somewhere, but his days as QB1 are over.

And if he's sour grapes about it with the media (unlike Matt Ryan), he's gone after this season.

Just my reading of the tea leaves from afar.
Dalton isn’t a commanding presence anywhere in that locker room or on the field except maybe with the kids. Those kids will take any playing time that they can get. Outside of Taysom and occasionally Trautman, the vets have essentially quit on him. You can use injuries as a blanket, but when have you seen a team full of nothing but essentially backups and third stringers?

I'm sure he will leave and rightfully so. DA doesn't want him. He tried to get Deshaun and only signed Winston when he couldn't. At his first opportunity he benched him for an old QB that can't play anymore.

If he leaves it's okay, he's not the quarterback we need. Our next quarterback is not on this team!
How do you really know this. The only ones who really gave him a chance were Payton and Brees. DA blew up Payton’s scheme Day 1 of HC to prove himself. That failed miserably. The first thing he should have learned was that you can’t be a players’ coach. These young people need discipline in this day and age. Set the rules, follow them, hold everyone accountable, and he would have been respected. Second, he really didn’t have the running back room to try to be a run heavy offense with a dink and dunk passing game. He didn’t have the QB for that. Dalton wasn’t the answer. Payton relied heavily on the screenplays and passes out of the backfield to the RBs as his dink and dunk. Then he would kill you with the bomb. He also mixed in the TEs. Allen went away from all of this. IMHO, I don’t believe Loomis saw this coming. He thought PC would be allowed to run Payton’s offense with the personnel he had with Winston at the helm. I believe Allen went rogue and the vets essentially bailed. They are using injuries as a cover, not saying that they are not knicked up. Just that they won’t come back like they would if Jamies was playing. I believe that locker room and the vets like Jameis and believed he gave them the best chance to win. When DA said no, the vets said no.

Last edited:
Worst indictment of Pete and DA I can think of is their absolute refusal to give Taysom touches. Regardless of how you feel on Winston vs. Dalton, that is one thing we can all agree on. It's like DA's tanking and has forgotten we don't have a first round pick next season.

Or starter, but there will be other options available.

Of the veteran QBs available that could be backups to a young QB, he's the guy who has proven he can be that guy.
If you mean losing, yes. I can't take anything away from Dalton in his Cincy years, but his record as a backup in his last three stops is nothing to get excited about. I don't know if it was Payton, but I would rather a guy like Teddy as a backup over dalton because his best days are behind him.

Worst indictment of Pete and DA I can think of is their absolute refusal to give Taysom touches. Regardless of how you feel on Winston vs. Dalton, that is one thing we can all agree on. It's like DA's tanking and has forgotten we don't have a first round pick next season.
DA is the fault. PC is only doing what he is told.

If you mean losing, yes. I can't take anything away from Dalton in his Cincy years, but his record as a backup in his last three stops is nothing to get excited about. I don't know if it was Payton, but I would rather a guy like Teddy as a backup over dalton because his best days are behind him.

I want Gardner Minshew as QB1 with a veteran backup. Bring Gardner in as QB1 from day 1 and build around that. This guy was shipped out of Jax for being too strong of a leader. We need that.

I want Gardner Minshew as QB1 with a veteran backup. Bring Gardner in as QB1 from day 1 and build around that. This guy was shipped out of Jax for being too strong of a leader. We need that.
I don't know, he's kinda like Heinke in Washington, an overachiever but not that guy. If we are looking for a transition guy until the guy, that's cool. We need a long-term plan, hopefully without DA. I heard some rumblings this week that Daniels might draft a young guy and get rid of Carr. However, with our cap we can't afford Carr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom