Speculation (Winston will probably leave) (1 Viewer)

^^^Would've been nice if we worked around the current QBs talents.

But it is what it is...re: Jameis speaking out "airing laundry"....he's come to the realization that it was never business being benched for AD, despite the HC stating he didn't want to "upset the apple cart"...it has always been personal. There hasn't been a single point throughout all of this where AD performed at a noticeably better clip than JW.
Um…that’s absolutely not true. Dalton had us in the top 10 offenses (not bottom like JW). Now Dalton’s fallen off a cliff but the team was immediately better on offense when JW was benched.

I don't know about all your conclusions but the injury report thing was significant. There are consequences if you try manipulating those. If Winston truly believes he's not healthy then it could become a big issue with the organization. I hope they wouldn't do something that dumb.
Damned if they do and damned if they don't.
But at this point they might as well let him play. It's not like we're going anywhere.
But if he goes out and gets hurt everyone will be screaming to the moon about what a horrible decision it was to play him when he wasn't healthy.

Um…that’s absolutely not true. Dalton had us in the top 10 offenses (not bottom like JW). Now Dalton’s fallen off a cliff but the team was immediately better on offense when JW was benched.

How are people still repeating this? Dalton didn't have us doing anything. Taysom Hill and the running game did. Teams figured that out, shut down the running game and forced Dalton to beat them with his arm. He can't because he's a perennial loser. It's been detailed several times how bad he's actually been beyond a meaningless TEAM stat so no need to repeat it further.

^^^Would've been nice if we worked around the current QBs talents.

But it is what it is...re: Jameis speaking out "airing laundry"....he's come to the realization that it was never business being benched for AD, despite the HC stating he didn't want to "upset the apple cart"...it has always been personal. There hasn't been a single point throughout all of this where AD performed at a noticeably better clip than JW.
It’s crazy how folks are now like “let’s build around talents” when we have been screaming that all season. Not speaking about Ozzy because I don’t think I’ve ever seen him with that take but it is a lot of people here that believes that a QB can thrive without good coaching, a good scheme, and good personnel.

Dalton didn’t have us anywhere. Our run game stopped being a liable. You are saying that Dalton has falling off a cliff but the reality of it is his numbers hasn't changed much.

dalton2022.PNG

Up until the Cardinals game, most of the offensive production came from the run game.

I hope JW stays with Saints and we bring in a solid starter. Winston has been a good teammate.

I hope JW stays with Saints and we bring in a solid starter. Winston has been a good teammate.
Good teammate is not good enough. If you're not producing, it's a wasted spot on a severely injured team.

Let him go neither quarterback Is the answer for this team.

You don’t think he could be a viable backup?
If Winston is healthy and shows he can win games, then yes. I'm on the Winston boat, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes where I think he won't be back next year. Just like Taysom, they want to be starters, not sitting on the bench. Nature of the business, but the system under CSP really wasn't built for Winston. It would take some cuts to build up the offense for Winston to really succeed.

I'm sure he will leave and rightfully so. DA doesn't want him. He tried to get Deshaun and only signed Winston when he couldn't. At his first opportunity he benched him for an old QB that can't play anymore.

Winston isn't great, but it's got to be killing him to have to stand on the sidelines and watch a bench warmer like Dalton lose game after game. Of course Winston will be gone at the end of this season. If we leave it to Allen and Carmichael to find and develop the next QB, then I'm afraid we're in for a long journey through the wilderness.

Winston isn’t the one that needs to go, but that hate is stronger than ever….apparently he can’t even ride the bench properly!!!!

If Winston is healthy and shows he can win games, then yes. I'm on the Winston boat, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes where I think he won't be back next year. Just like Taysom, they want to be starters, not sitting on the bench. Nature of the business, but the system under CSP really wasn't built for Winston. It would take some cuts to build up the offense for Winston to really succeed.
I like Winston as a backup. I don’t think any team will take a chance on him as a starter. Best case would be for him to do what Dalton did, take a one year deal somewhere to back up a weak qb. If given a chance he could shine. I hope he stays and accepts the backup position, unless there is a young talent that needs time to grow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom