Speed kills and they got a speedster in the 4.34 John Brown. He is having a great year so far. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Marcus William better not underestimate Flacco's deep ball and simply play it safe with protecting the back end at all cost.

Speesters have killed us all season. Callaway, Evans, Jackson, Ridley... So, I feel the secondary has something to prove and that is shutting down the deep ball.

Got to be physical with him at the Line of Scrimmage and have a safety over the top. Make Flacco dink and dunk.

I thought for a second "Who's John Brown and when did we get him??"

Just be prepared for Flacco to go deep - they believe in 3-4 deep shots per game.
This sounds cliche, but this is a game where the Saints will really need to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in order to be successful. Hit Flacco often, disrupt the timing between him and the receivers, and make it difficult for them to run the ball.
Look, the Ravens are going to have some success scoring and will probably sack Drew a couple of times; they are also difficult to run on. The Saints just need to stay the course and don’t turn the ball over and be prepared to make in-game and half-time adjustments. I think we’ll be fine.

Marcus William better not underestimate Flacco's deep ball and simply play it safe with protecting the back end at all cost.

Speesters have killed us all season. Callaway, Evans, Jackson, Ridley... So, I feel the secondary has something to prove and that is shutting down the deep ball.
I have to say that I like John Brown. He's from my alma mater Pittsburg State University. They actually won the Division II national championship while I was sitting in my graduation ceremony, and he was on that squad. He's got some serious speed. He will definitely test Williams, but I have faith.

Haha my uncle's name is John Brown Taylor. Hope we smack him good. Would make for a good text after 15 or so years.

Starts with stopping the run. It'll shut down their play action game. We're good at that. If we can keep them behind the chains, the pass rush will have a chance. I think we'll continue to see the D line improve as a whole. As Davenport starts making his presence felt, it'll create opportunities for the other guys as well.

If Flacco stands clean, he can drop some dimes and John Brown can get behind any secondary.

He's definitely the guy to fear most, but by the numbers, Willie Snead is actually tied for the team lead in catches. He also catches a high percentage of his targets, but despite both of these things, he is only third in yards. It suggests he's doing just what he did here (except last year, when he did basically nothing), which is catch short passes for first downs (which he leads their team in).

He's definitely the guy to fear most, but by the numbers, Willie Snead is actually tied for the team lead in catches. He also catches a high percentage of his targets, but despite both of these things, he is only third in yards. It suggests he's doing just what he did here (except last year, when he did basically nothing), which is catch short passes for first downs (which he leads their team in).
And he wants a revenge game

I hope we play physical like last game. We did get hurt, but we finally have some size on defense and their young. I knew we were gonna win after that first hit on AP. I was like "Dang... the media had it all wrong. We have something against him" ?

Ironic thing is the Arizona Cardinals drafted him with our 3rd round pick when we traded up to get Brandin Cooks in 2014.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom