Speed Kills (1 Viewer)

Dleger

Elite Dimensions
Reaction score
The Saints are bound to draft a wide receiver, based on other needs, I see a wide out not being taken as late as the 3rd Round. If speed is what we’re looking for, Marquez Stevenson from the University of Houston should be considered. Opinions please!!

The Saints are bound to draft a wide receiver, based on other needs, I see a wide out not being taken as late as the 3rd Round. If speed is what we’re looking for, Marquez Stevenson from the University of Houston should be considered. Opinions please!!

Stevenson only ran a 4.48.

If speed is what they are after then Anthony Schwartz and Elijah Moore are the guys.

I know we will draft and sign a UDFA or two and the common denominator with these players will be about adding speed.

Thomas, TQS,Humphrey, Johnson and even Calloway are not burners, the only speed comes from Harris, this unit desperately is in need of and injuction of speed.

with no combine this year EVERYBODY has world class speed apparently from LSU's terrance marshall to ULL's Elijah mitchell......

i mean look at it.... it's nuts; every damn school's skill players are running 4.3's

with no combine this year EVERYBODY has world class speed apparently from LSU's terrance marshall to ULL's Elijah mitchell......

i mean look at it.... it's nuts; every damn school's skill players are running 4.3's

Not really true.

Only 4 wrs

Rondale Moore
Elijah Moore
Anthony Schwartz
Jalen Waddle

Have officially timed 4.35 or better this year and only 5 have cracked 4.39.

Only two RBs have run 4.3.

Speeds nice but can they catch the ball. That is far more important. Look at Ross he was drafted really high cause of his speed. But running fast is about all he can do.

The closer we get, the more I’m talking myself into wanting Kadarius Toney at 28. When you watch him play, he looks like a more WR version of Kamara in terms of balance and slipperiness. And if you told me we could add another faster Kamara to our team, I’d be hard-pressed to say no.

The closer we get, the more I’m talking myself into wanting Kadarius Toney at 28. When you watch him play, he looks like a more WR version of Kamara in terms of balance and slipperiness. And if you told me we could add another faster Kamara to our team, I’d be hard-pressed to say no.
This kid flat out gets it done anywhere on the field. He has great cuts, solid separation, can line up anywhere, not afraid of contact, and can return kicks as well. His balance is up there as well.
I had a little running back at wvu a few years ago in Noel Devine that had incredible balance and a quick burst
The thing I like most about Toney is the fact he's a hand catcher. Kid snatches the ball and goes. He's a chain mover and can probably be an emergency rb if needed. I'm very high on him as well.

This kid flat out gets it done anywhere on the field. He has great cuts, solid separation, can line up anywhere, not afraid of contact, and can return kicks as well. His balance is up there as well.
I had a little running back at wvu a few years ago in Noel Devine that had incredible balance and a quick burst
The thing I like most about Toney is the fact he's a hand catcher. Kid snatches the ball and goes. He's a chain mover and can probably be an emergency rb if needed. I'm very high on him as well.

That's a name that I haven't heard in a while.

That's a name that I haven't heard in a while.

Andre Devine is his son.
Varsity rb as a freshman on Fort Meyers. Noel un retired #7 so his son could wear it. Kid is like his dad.

Times has changed. We from wanting to get the biggest and tallest receiver to getting the fastest. Minus Brandin Cooks. I remember looking at the heights of all receivers signed by us, either through the draft or undrafted. We wanted that Colston/Graham clone. Was excited about Brandon Coleman and Seantavius Jones.

Stevenson’s highlight reel is impressive. The scouting report on him suggests he doesn’t run good routes, is an injury risk and isn’t very strong. Not a contested ball kind of guy and just not physical enough to withstand NFL rigors.

His draft grade suggests he’s a special teams kind of guy.

Kamara changed my opinion on speed when he said it’s not how fast you can run, it’s how fast you can stop and start again. I prefer being elusive over just raw speed
Yeah on any play its rarely about pure speed, its about reading a defenders body language and anticipating thier movement

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom