Spencer to follow Ryan to New Orleans? (1 Viewer)

lurking around

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Todd Archer, who writes for ESPN Dallas, was on the Ben and Skin show and suggested that Anthony Spencer would follow Ryan to New Orleans and play linebacker in the new 3-4 scheme. He will be a UFA unless the Cowboys franchise him. Both teams are significantly over the cap, not sure if Saints can afford him.

We will be releasing players, we are reshaping the defense so if we do get Ryan I see no reason why wouldnt see if we can bring Spencer along with him.

If Ryan were to be the new DC, I wouldn't mind seeing Spencer follow him. The price would have to be right though.

It would make a ton of sense. We have a need at SOLB (assuming the incoming staff agrees with me that Wilson is best fit for SILB). I don't expect Spencer to get a huge salary. He's not a HUGE sack guy...just does his job well. Good in run support, good blitzer, good in coverage.

Free agent targets:
Spencer
Ed Reed
Revis
T. Brady (backup QB)
Suh
Tebow
Jake Long
Willie Roaf
OJ Simpson

Restructures:
All 53 guys, Brees takes league minimum to stay in NOLA

I love Madden 14 it is so much fun to play

FYI: Spencer got franchised last year and then turned in his best year yet. He is getting paid, and we aren't the ones who will do it.

I think reporters who say things like this have absolutely no idea about cap situations of other teams.

If y'all do happen to hire Ryan, and Spencer comes with him, does that spell the end for Vilma in Black and Gold?

Most likely. I think the chances we keep Vilma no matter what happens are slim. He doesnt seem like a scheme fit or a financial fit. I would love for them to find a way to keep him since he is such a great leader and very very smart. I just can't see how it would work though.

If y'all do happen to hire Ryan, and Spencer comes with him, does that spell the end for Vilma in Black and Gold?

Probably but it would also depend on how much faith we'd have in Hawthorne and his ability to bounce back at ILB.

Most likely he's a goner either way.

Man, I WISH! He was arguably the best 3-4 strongside OLB in the NFL last year. Will probably break the bank though.

Probably but it would also depend on how much faith we'd have in Hawthorne and his ability to bounce back at ILB.

Most likely he's a goner either way.
Vilma is gone regardless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom