Spencer to follow Ryan to New Orleans? (1 Viewer)

Our cap issue are no problem for the Cap Master Loomis. Vilma will have to restructure or retire/released IMO....

Id love to see harper and vilma and will smith get cut. That would put us under the cap. Any are welcome back at veteran minimum Id do my best to get spencer, ed reed, and laron landry. If i could find a way to add anquan boldin, i'd do that too

Spencer would be nice to line up opposite of Martez, but i doubt we could afford him. But never under estimate "Don" Loomis.

I'd like to hear what his agent has to say about that.

Id love to see harper and vilma and will smith get cut. That would put us under the cap. Any are welcome back at veteran minimum Id do my best to get spencer, ed reed, and laron landry. If i could find a way to add anquan boldin, i'd do that too

I think Reed is going to be a Raven again this year. Landry i'm not sure of. I think he has the tools to be good, but I think he thinks he is better than he actually is. If y'all got Boldin I probably wouldn't even bother watching football next year lol

Spencer has been mostly a disappointment in his 6 years with the exception of this past season. In every year he's been in the NFL, he's never registered more than 6 sacks, again, except for this past season when he had 11. He was franchised this season and a lot of people believe that the better year he had was due to the fact that he was playing for a new contract.

Anthony Spencer Stats - Dallas Cowboys - ESPN

Yeah...sign Spencer in FA, and then draft another pass rusher in the first rd.....that's what I would do....

We would be solving our pass rushing deficiencies for some time.....provided the rookie pans out. Spencer will be good for us, I have no doubt.

Word! Bunkley, Grubbs, Lofton, Hawthorne...Need I say more?
Loomis isn't really doing anything special with creating cap room, his strength comes as a negotiator. All he is doing is restructuring contracts to free up space for the current year, every GM can do that. The problem with that is, it create cap HELL after a couple of years doing it. The GM from the Ravens was just talking about how he did that after their previous Super Bowl and it was a bad decision. Sooner or later we are going to have to learn how to draft defense instead of all this FA big spending. With that said, I would love to have Spencer if it made sense.

Spencer has been mostly a disappointment in his 6 years with the exception of this past season. In every year he's been in the NFL, he's never registered more than 6 sacks, again, except for this past season when he had 11. He was franchised this season and a lot of people believe that the better year he had was due to the fact that he was playing for a new contract.

Anthony Spencer Stats - Dallas Cowboys - ESPN
If you are using sacks to judge how successful a strongside OLB is, then you are doing it totally wrong. This guy was probably the best defender the Girls had last year and arguably the best 3-4 strongside OLB in the NFL last year. He'd INSTANTLY be the best player we had on our defense and it wouldn't be a close second.

I would like for us to get Spencer (with or without Ryan), but i'd love for us to draft one of those edge rushing beasts (Ansah, Mingo, et all).

We could probably afford Spencer bu I don't think he'll be necessary with Galette and Tez, and the #15 pick in our hip pocket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom