Spew that filth?! (1 Viewer)

I think it's time we stop lending credence to these tongue-wagging loud-mouths who make a living by sharing their opinions on sports shows.

Some people just don't want to see the Saints succeed, and nothing the organization accomplishes this season is going to change that.

But scoring 40 points a game does, in fact, make us the best offense in the league. But it's not all about points. This team is the best at what it does on that side of the ball. Anyone who argues against that is arguing against the truth.

New Orleans is undefeated, one of only three teams right now with that distinction. The offense is great. That's right: I used the word "great" there. The defense is very, very good. We're winning by more than two touchdowns. The Saints are the best in the NFL.

So we should all be done with trying to defend this team. Let's stop paying attention to the cynics, idiots, and analysts.

As for what Reggie Bush said, who cares what outsiders think? We must keep in mind that many sports people hate Bush, sometimes for no logical reason. They just hate him, and he'll never be able to do anything right in their minds.

If a member of the Colts or Broncos said something about being undefeated, it probably would not have even made headlines. But since it was Bush, a New Orleans Saint, it was all the rage.

But, again, who gives a ****? We are who we thought we were. And I, for one, love this team.

Nothing else matters, especially when it comes to people who probably can't even spell New Orleans.

such crap how ESPN has spun this story.. they needed something to talk about all week for the MNF game.

I couldn't understand what he was sayin'....

Attachments

• Peter's McStroke.jpg
    Peter's McStroke.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 38
Bruschi is the most overrated linebacker I can remember. The only reason people latched on to him is because he has a name that reminds everyone of beer and he was good on camera. He's probably just mad about the Patriots choking when they got their chance to run the table.

Bruschi's always struck me as being sort of a jerk anyway - he needs to take a look around and he'd realize what he's seeing is his colon.

Galbreath, you are gonna hit me but you backed into ANOTHER question I have. IS our D better than the 2007 Pats D? I don't remember anything "special" about their D like ball hawking or blitzing or takeaways, etc. I believe they didn't give up as many points per game, tho, so what is the reason for that?
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2007.htm gives you the birds-eye view of the team. The did get +16 on TO differential, but mainly because the held onto the ball so well (9 INTs, 6 FUM lost). They got 19 INTs and 12 FUM recoveries. If you project our 13/5 INT/FUM to a season it'd be over 34/13, and our TO differential would wind up +21. Now we may not keep up that pace, but even if you said, just double the numbers we'd still be way better 26/10 and +16 as well. I have a feeling we won't have many times on offense where we give the ball away like we did in Miami. On the other hand with the sloppy Os and new QBs we face in so many games our TOs have a good chance of staying high.

Overall they finished 4th in YDS & Scoring.

More telling though, their defensive passing YPA was 6.4 and passer rating 78.1 and they gave up 4.4 YPC on the ground (98.3/game).

We have a defensive YPA of 6.1 (5% better) a passer rating of 54.6 and give up 4.0 YPC (10% better) and 92.3/game. I'm not sure about the rushing totals, but I'm pretty sure our passing outlook only improves.

The first Brady Pats teams had very good defense, the 2007, not so much, though they ranked high in two areas in a weak year for D. Overall we're better or close to as good as most of their stats from 2003/4 when their D peaked.

Side note, what kind of clown spells Teddy, Tedy?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom