Spiller inactive..... (1 Viewer)

The self fan self delusion on some of these decisions is something else.

At this point Payton could trade for Colin Kaepernick and most of the fan base would be rationalizing how reasonable a move it was because Payton did it.

Matter o’fact, I'll take a swipe at that right now, just since you said that.

Steve Young looked like a total bust in Tampa and a quarterback who would never be able to shake the one-read-and-run stigma. Bill Walsh traded for him in 1987 because he believed that his woes were due to the instability of the Bucs organization and that he and Joe Montana would be able to mold Young into a pocket passer for the West Coast offense. The plan was wildly successful and the combination of Young’s natural talents and Walsh’s coaching allowed the Niners to eventually trade Montana and ride Young to one more Super Bowl win.

Kaepernick had shown more in his young career than Young had by that point, having already gone to a Super Bowl and two additional NFC Championship games. If Payton felt in this hypothetical that he could mold Kap much the same way that Walsh molded Young, then I would have confidence in the decision.

He is being paid the same if not more than Ingram so him not being active in gameday should be a head scratcher.
If this is not disciplinary in some way then should trade him because that means he's healthy and had an entire training camp to be evaluated and they came up with absolutely no plan to feature him in the offense. If there was plan to work him in, he wouldn't be inactive.

I don't like this I hope a solution to this bad free agent signing is coming soon . I'm thinking a trade but who would trade for him at this point .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Payton got word that Spiller wasn't planning to stand for the national anthem so he inactivated him.

Murphy sucks. Spiller should be returning kicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murphy wouldnt even make another teams practice squad. Just release him, he will be around if needed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom