Spoiled fans (1 Viewer)

DABOOT162

LURKER
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the game real time because my daughter had a softball tournament this weekend. I kept checking SR for updates and made the mistake of going to the game day board. When I was done, I was so depressed I didnt even want to watch the game. Being a true fan and knowimg the outcome already, I watched it anyway before I went to bed. Totally not what I expected.. I love this team... How awesome of a coaching job does it take to stop OBJ, Cruz, and Sheperd from getting in the end zone? I thought we got decent pressure on Manning considering he was using the short pass so effectively to neutralize our pass rush. The D played oustanding!
The offense.... I really think the Giants have a very good defense. I cant recall a game off the top of my head that Drew had to go through all of his progressions and not find a receiver open. I look for them to win a lot of games. All of the areas of concern for me in preseason have been answered. There is always room for improvement. Michael Thomas is going to be a stud WR.

All of you whiners about Sean Payton and the salary cap and the defense and bla bla bla... need to get a grip. You're spoiled... This is a young team and I look for them to wile the floor with the Falcons! This will be a strong team by the end of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about the part of the team becoming strong at the end of the year but I agree with everything else.

One team has to win the game, and just because the other team lost it doesn't mean they are trash and yesterday's game was good example of it.

It was a good game by both teams and the saints lost. Nothing to be ashamed of.

When I was a kid and a young man, and the Saints were perennial losers, I could handle the losing and disappointment much better. I just wanted them to get a shot and have a team that wasn't a laughing stock. Then we got Drew Brees and enjoyed that run where we were legitimate contenders year in and year out, and we even won the SuperBowl!!!

Then, after the Saints won it all, I realized it really didn't change anything. The people that hate the saints, still hate the saints. The lack of respect from the media remained, and all I really had was a t-shirt and an offseason where I could say we were the best. Then it was over, and really nothing changed.

Now, as Brees is getting older and the team is falling back into the bottom half of the league, I find that I just don't care as much as I used to. I realize that it really doesn't matter. Refs, media, Goodell, all of the things we love to gripe about will never change. It truly is what it is.

This is not enjoyable anymore. The NFL is all about fantasy stats now, and teams are just place markers for individual players to put up stats.

I'm not spoiled, I'm more indifferent. Now that we as a Saints fans have been to the mountain top and experienced the ultimate that fans can enjoy... and realizing it was fleeting and didn't mean much at all, I don't have the stomach to go thru the bad times again and invest myself into it.

5s.gif

This is not enjoyable anymore. The NFL is all about fantasy stats now, and teams are just place markers for individual players to put up stats.

I'm not spoiled, I'm more indifferent. Now that we as a Saints fans have been to the mountain top and experienced the ultimate that fans can enjoy... and realizing it was fleeting and didn't mean much at all, I don't have the stomach to go thru the bad times again and invest myself into it.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't agree at all.

I don't think that fantasy football has ruined the game at all - especially on a macro-level like you're talking about. It had started to ruin it for me so I took a year off from playing altogether.

And I definitely don't agree that the championship means nothing. I'm sorry that it didn't change your life in some tangible way, but I don't know why it would have anyway. It's a game. A game that I love and have a home town team to root for. A home town team that's been better than average for the past decade. That's all I ask for. That the team fields a competitive team that isn't an embarrassment and I can honestly say that after losing two games on last second field goals by a combined 4 points total...there's nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to this team and where they're heading, IMO.

Message board rants are just that with an overreaction on any given play, but also also there are those who expect more than another 7-9 season out of the highest paid coach in the NFL who still has a top level QB. I wouldn't call that being "spoiled".

I make comments and I'm sure it comes off as negative complaining, but it's only because I'm invested in this team.

All In means All In. I do have to admit that I'm not letting the losses ruin my week like in the past. I'm learning to enjoy the game for what it is, a game.

I had fun watching the defense yesterday (despite a storm ruining most of my viewing experience).

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't agree at all.

I don't think that fantasy football has ruined the game at all - especially on a macro-level like you're talking about. It had started to ruin it for me so I took a year off from playing altogether.

And I definitely don't agree that the championship means nothing. I'm sorry that it didn't change your life in some tangible way, but I don't know why it would have anyway. It's a game. A game that I love and have a home town team to root for. A home town team that's been better than average for the past decade. That's all I ask for. That the team fields a competitive team that isn't an embarrassment and I can honestly say that after losing two games on last second field goals by a combined 4 points total...there's nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to this team and where they're heading, IMO.

Good points and I agree. I used to be overly invested in the outcomes of Saints game, where a loss meant that I would t sleep that night and I would go thru the next week just feeling terrible and resentful towards the game itself. When we won the SuperBowl, I really thought it would change my mind-set, and it did. Only it changed it in a way that I didn't envision. It has actually made me care LESS. To see the Saints falling back into the abyss makes me feel that I don't want (I don't NEED) to put myself thru the anguish of seeing them suck for another 30 years. Been there; done that. Brees keeps us competitive, but when he goes, we are realistically looking at being a bottom 10 team for the foreseeable future. Sorry, but I'm not going all in on that again.

Good points and I agree. I used to be overly invested in the outcomes of Saints game, where a loss meant that I would t sleep that night and I would go thru the next week just feeling terrible and resentful towards the game itself. When we won the SuperBowl, I really thought it would change my mind-set, and it did. Only it changed it in a way that I didn't envision. It has actually made me care LESS. To see the Saints falling back into the abyss makes me feel that I don't want (I don't NEED) to put myself thru the anguish of seeing them suck for another 30 years. Been there; done that. Brees keeps us competitive, but when he goes, we are realistically looking at being a bottom 10 team for the foreseeable future. Sorry, but I'm not going all in on that again.

I guess that is why we have kids. They now carry the torch

Message board rants are just that with an overreaction on any given play, but also also there are those who expect more than another 7-9 season out of the highest paid coach in the NFL who still has a top level QB. I wouldn't call that being "spoiled".

Thank you.

I'm a Spurs fan too and even on that forum the bulk of the posts are complaining.

Really this forum has a good mix of positive and negative. Enough negative so that we're being honest with ourselves and enough positive to acknowledge areas the team is doing well in even if we lose the game.

Yes, the Saints are going through some rough times but to say we're spoiled?? Really?? We love our Saints but at the end of the day, football is a business. It's a product that we, the fans pay for and we expect favorable results. Hope everyone has great week. WHO DAT!

When I was a kid and a young man, and the Saints were perennial losers, I could handle the losing and disappointment much better. I just wanted them to get a shot and have a team that wasn't a laughing stock. Then we got Drew Brees and enjoyed that run where we were legitimate contenders year in and year out, and we even won the SuperBowl!!!

Then, after the Saints won it all, I realized it really didn't change anything. The people that hate the saints, still hate the saints. The lack of respect from the media remained, and all I really had was a t-shirt and an offseason where I could say we were the best. Then it was over, and really nothing changed.

Now, as Brees is getting older and the team is falling back into the bottom half of the league, I find that I just don't care as much as I used to. I realize that it really doesn't matter. Refs, media, Goodell, all of the things we love to gripe about will never change. It truly is what it is.

Someone made a statement recently saying that the current generation of fans are not like the fans who were around when New Orleans first received the football franchise.

In so many words, they were saying that the current generation of fans will not support a losing team for 20+ years.

I think what makes things so frustrating is that the Saints didn't gradually get bad, they got bad overnight. 2013 & 2014 was a night and day experience.

We thought we could fix it and turn it around, but it didn't happen yet.

I love these threads, Look how mature and how much better of a fan I am than the guy who complains. Let people watch and react to football how they want without being judged by some self righteous *****.:idunno:

I don't know about stopping OBJ, it seems on that deep pass Moore was beat and OBJ just dropped the ball. Moore was a good two strides behind OBJ and swatted for his foot only to miss him completely. I'm sure there were a couple of other times that happened with the other receivers. What killed me was the announcers. On more than one occasion they were saying "great pass breakup" by guys who didn't really change the play at all, they just happened to be next to the receiver when the ball arrived. They rarely know what they are talking about anymore. All in all the defense did step up though. Good effort, I just wish our pass rush would have gotten there earlier in the game and kept pressure.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom