Spoiler Spoiler Thread: Avengers Infinity War (2 Viewers)

All that sacrifice and the answer was always there. Kill Vision. They were willing to sacrifice half of all the worlds for one robot. There were other stupidities as well. Just found it to be one of those odd loopholes. Quill was the worst one I think.
The driving force of most every Greek tragedy is the tragic flaw of hubris - the ‘hero’ thinking he’s more powerful/smarter than the gods
From Civil War on, the 2 main dramatic tensions was ‘I’m right’ and ‘I can punch my way out of this mess’

Vision kills Thanos in the animated What if series, which is why I mentioned it. He slices him in half from head to groin, and Thanos had the rest of the stones. So, no, Thanos couldn't stop Vision if Vision was set on killing him. Remember, Thanos has to willfully use the stones, so, just make your way behind him without him seeing Vision and then blam, slice him up like deli meat. Problem solved.
Well, yeah, he did it in the animated series, but that's why it's What if... and not the prime time line. I dunno, I suppose you're right in theory tho.

Characters are as weak or powerful as the plot mandates they need to be.

Silver Surfer, who casually withstands the forces of black holes, once got knocked out by a guy throwing a brick in the comics.

Vision could kill Thanos with the Gauntlet if the writer wanted that. Or he couldn't if the writer didnt.

Characters are as weak or powerful as the plot mandates they need to be.

Silver Surfer, who casually withstands the forces of black holes, once got knocked out by a guy throwing a brick in the comics.

Vision could kill Thanos with the Gauntlet if the writer wanted that. Or he couldn't if the writer didnt.
this bit from Stan Lee should be watched by every fan, because its the truth. takes the fun out of it, but..

this bit from Stan Lee should be watched by every fan, because its the truth. takes the fun out of it, but..

He also said that out of all the super powers in the comics, he'd want Domino's luck power. It's the best one really, whatever you want to happen, you luck into it happening. If I wanted to get with Salma Hayek, it would happen. I'd go online and see an article where she's filed for divorce while she's filming something in New Orleans. I'd make my way to where she's filming and she'd trip and I'd catch her and bam, she's in love with me.

So apparently there's this recent theory that's gaining traction, and is basically accepted as fact by a bunch of people that when Thanos punched out Cap at the end of the movie, he killed him and it was the Time Stone reversal that brought him back. I've never seen this until just now, but it seems to be a pretty well accepted theory (I thought he just punched him out).

Did y'all think this? Did that occur to anyone?

So apparently there's this recent theory that's gaining traction, and is basically accepted as fact by a bunch of people that when Thanos punched out Cap at the end of the movie, he killed him and it was the Time Stone reversal that brought him back. I've never seen this until just now, but it seems to be a pretty well accepted theory (I thought he just punched him out).

Nah...because he didnt use the timestone to reverse time...he used timestone to only reverse vision/soulstone. Think about it...Wanda was right there and unaffected by the timestone

Nah...because he didnt use the timestone to reverse time...he used timestone to only reverse vision/soulstone. Think about it...Wanda was right there and unaffected by the timestone
Yea this exactly, only a small area was affected.

I never thought Thanos killed Cap there. Never occurred to me although I can see why someone might think that.

I think the disconnect is that he knocked out hulk and dazed Thor with a punch, but Cap seemed to just have a cut and was up pretty quick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom