Sporting News (6 FA's to hit the market) (1 Viewer)

I like Berrian, too. He's fast like Devery but he can catch. Him and Colston would be a dangerous combo.

Last edited:
Asante Samuel is WAAAAAY better than any of our CB's, but I think he's a tad bit overrated (not by much, but a little bit). Did anyone notice how average he looked with no pass rush from the Pats D-line in the SB? Now, just imagine him here where we get zero pressure on the QB. He's gonna look like an average CB at best, plus he's used to playing zone (look at JD (no, I'm not saying that he would become the new JD, but you see where I'm goin' here)). I think it would be better if we went after Williams and Briggs and shore up the front seven first.

Break the bank on asante and briggs, and that's Superbowl waiting to happen.

Asante Samuel, CB, Patriots. Get him

Alan Faneca, G, Steelers. Get him

Corey Williams, DT, Packers. Need him

Michael Turner, RB, Chargers. Pass

Lance Briggs, OLB, Bears. Maybe. At what price?

Bernard Berrian, WR, Bears. Pass

I am not as impressed with Berrian, I don't think he has better hands than Devery. I would go more for a solid possession receiver.

Based on quality of the player and contract amount, I would consider Corey Williams first. I love Faneca but he may be too expensive.

Fanaca and Williams... I'd take Briggs (sounding like a famous announcer) "If the price is right"...

I wouldn't break the bank on FA... you rarely get a performance in return for what you paid out (see Jason David).

I think Corey Williams should be a #1 target as a free agent to bring in.

I am not as impressed with Berrian, I don't think he has better hands than Devery. I would go more for a solid possession receiver.

Based on quality of the player and contract amount, I would consider Corey Williams first. I love Faneca but he may be too expensive.

I agree that Corey Williams should be our main focus, but why would you go for a more solid possession receiver? We have one of the best in the NFL with Colston. We need big play speed with the ability to make a great catch. Watch the NFC championship from 2006, when Berrian made some great catches(He had to with Grossman throwing the ball.) With Drew throwing the ball, he'd be that much better.

Last edited:
Just think about this for a second...Briggs, Samuel in FA and then get Dorsey in the first. Our D problems are over and the we can look at the O side with the rest of the draft.

We must go after and get Corey Williams, then we can look at 2 receivers and see who we want to get (Berrian, Bryant Johnson). Briggs and Samuel are going to be hard to get and expensive and we don't need to have them.

You win with D and in the trenches first. Corey Williams and Fanica would be great but Williams is a must IMO. I would love Samuels but honestly i see him as looking likeMcK in our scheme and thats not worth 80mil. Just my opinion...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom