Sporting News: Deuce tops list of players who should retire NOW (1 Viewer)

Add Dan Morgan to that list......He is an injury waiting to happen. Plus if he does play for the Saints this year he will be out of position at OLB. He played his first year in Carolina at OLB and he was mediocre at best. He was much better in the middle but Vilma has that spot locked down. Morgan will tease you by playing well all training camp and maybe even a game or two......then he will get hurt (probably a concussion because he goes all out) and you'll be scrambling to get the back ups ready to play. As a Panther Fan (I even have a Panther Morgan Jersey), I've seen it too many times. I love the guy but he just can't stay healthy.

Isn't it weird that the national media is slamming us for not finding a replacement for Deuce while saying he's washed up at the same time?

You have to feel bad for LeCharles Bentley. But then, you have to feel bad for Cie Grant and Chase Lyman as well.

Funny because Mike Florio is in my Top 10 of sportswriters that should walk away from their job now.

He certainly isnt getting any better and I cant see that anybody would ever want to pay him more then he is currently making.

Bear in mind this is one of the guys that suggested Michael Vick should play for the Saints.....clearly his best work is behind him.

:hihi:

Yeah, half that list was ridiculous, but I have to give Florio points for the following:

Despite the many apologists within the jockocracy of ex-players, football fans are sick of Favre.

And so he needs to go.

That made me almost forget the assininity (if that was a word) of the rest of the article. Sure it's obvious, but anyone who says Favre should shut up and go away is a friend of mine.

What the hell kinda list is that? only like 3 players make sense to be on there (Duece, Harrison, Farve)

You have to feel bad for LeCharles Bentley. But then, you have to feel bad for Cie Grant and Chase Lyman as well.

Yeas, but LeCharles was different. We don't really know if Cie or Chase could have cut it in the NFL, but LeCharles was Pro-Bowl caliber before he got hurt. There's a guy who really lost a lot.

Yes. Shockey should retire at 28 years old after what was an above average season for most any TE, despite being down by his own standards. Obviously, he's completely useless and should never play football again.
great for ratings!!!:idunno:

how does Shockeys dehydration indictae he should quit? When i read about the dehydration...all i thought was... "Shockey got black ou drunk n passed out" haha. Alcohol dehydrates u...period

that writer sucks

The Shockey and Ochocinco listings are pretty clearly tongue in cheek. Its not so much based on the players being washed up as it is that their contribution to teams is offset somewhat by the hoopla and distraction that seems to follow them.

Hey, you stop that right now! :rant:

Everybody knows that the correct answer is that Florio is worse than Hitler. A heartless jerk who knows nothing about football or writing and clearly lacks even basic intelligence. He is also quite obviously evil and full of HATE. Personally, I am offended by the fact that he continues to breathe. He should be banned from the internet.

Then again, I suppose that applies to all other sportswriters as well. They never say anything about the Saints! :mad: Except when they do, but then everything they say is totally 100% wrong and biased against the Saints due to their irrational hatred of each and every one of us individually. :mad: Except when one of them says something positive (like once a DECADE!!!! :mad: ) which totally screws us over because then we can't fly under the radar, which I'm sure is intentional on their part. :mad:

Favre should be #1 like he wants to be on every list.

Hey, you stop that right now! :rant:

Everybody knows that the correct answer is that Florio is worse than Hitler. A heartless jerk who knows nothing about football or writing and clearly lacks even basic intelligence. He is also quite obviously evil and full of HATE. Personally, I am offended by the fact that he continues to breathe. He should be banned from the internet.

Then again, I suppose that applies to all other sportswriters as well. They never say anything about the Saints! :mad: Except when they do, but then everything they say is totally 100% wrong and biased against the Saints due to their irrational hatred of each and every one of us individually. :mad: Except when one of them says something positive (like once a DECADE!!!! :mad: ) which totally screws us over because then we can't fly under the radar, which I'm sure is intentional on their part. :mad:

This should be stickied. I think you covered everything that is said about the media by people here on this board.:hihi:

I actually agree about Deuce. I'd rather see him retire than not get picked up by a team and just fade out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom