Sporting News list of the top 99 free agents (1 Viewer)

Haynesworth (so many choices, Briggs, Samuel, Asomugha )
Florence
Josh Brown (kicker worries would be over)
Hobson
Patten

1. Marcus Trufant
2. Karlos Dansby
3. Gibril Wilson
4. Jeff Faine
5. David Patten

Although Dansby will be franchised for sure

Haynesworth...a young DT with a bad atttitude, he should be nuber 1 one every Saints fans list.
Bironas...a reliable kicker with a super strong leg...he'd be fabulous in the dome.
Earnest Wilford...a big reciver with good hands and a nose for the endzone...Drew would have him in the
Jeff Faine...He's been a good center for us so I think this one is a no brainer.
It's betweem Young, Patten and Damien Woody for me...so I'll take Young and hope he stays healthy with Haynesworth on the team.

15: Lance Briggs (LB)
29: Drayton Florence (CB)
43: Boss Bailey (LB)
64: Ben Troupe (TE)
96: Martin Gramatica (K)

This would allow us to go for BPA in each round and even pick up an Olineman without having to worry about starting too many rookies on Defense this season.

It's kind of sad that I'd be happy with virtually any (and every) defensive player in the top 30.

Haynesworth
Dansby
Wilford
Troupe
Young

Here's my top 5... (sorry no CB)

2 Albert Haynesworth DT 6-6 320 26 Unrestricted Tennessee

26 Karlos Dansby LB 6-4 250 26 Unrestricted Arizona

53 Boss Bailey LB 6-3 235 28 Unrestricted Detroit

64 Ben Troupe TE 6-4 270 25 Unrestricted Tennessee

86 David Patten WR 5-10 190 33 Unrestricted New Orleans

I could go with:

10 Nnamdi Asomugha CB 6-2 210 26 Unrestricted Oakland

instead of Haynesworth and just draft a DT... like Ellis or the LSU guy... what's his name (TeeHee :D)

Did anybody else find it funny that Rex Grossman (#98) ranked two below Martin Gramatica (#96, not a slam on Marty) and one spot above a punter Jeff Feagles (#99)... how the mighty have fallen... it seems like just a year or so ago Chi-town fans were talking much love for Rex... Backup QB Shaun Hill (#72, never heard of this guy) ranked 26 spots ahead of Grossy...

wow...notice where all the Saints free agents are. Mostly the bottom. Nesbit is the highest at 44. That can't be a good sign.

Here is my list:
DT: 8 Corey Williams DT 6-4 313 27 Unrestricted Green Bay
or/ and 85 Ethan Kelley DT 6-2 338 27 Unrestricted Cleveland
LB: 15 Lance Briggs LB 6-1 240 27 Unrestricted Chicago
or 26 Karlos Dansby LB 6-4 250 26 Unrestricted Arizona
LB: 36 Kawika Mitchell LB 6-1 253 28 Unrestricted NY Giants
or 20 Clark Haggans LB 6-4 243 31 Unrestricted Pittsburgh
CB: 10 Nnamdi Asomugha CB 6-2 210 26 Unrestricted Oakland
or/ and 14 Marcus Trufant CB 5-11 197 27 Unrestricted Seattle
CB: Webster CB Unrestricted NY Gaints
OT: 37 Sean Locklear OT 6-4 308 26 Unrestricted Seattle
or 25 Max Starks OT 6-8 337 26 Unrestricted Pittsburgh
WR: 31 Bryant Johnson WR 6-3 216 26 Unrestricted Arizona
or/and 23 D.J. Hackett WR 6-2 208 26 Unrestricted Seattle
S: 41 Gibril Wilson S 6-0 209 26 Unrestricted NY Giants
or 59 Eugene Wilson S 5-10 195 27 Unrestricted New England

i was going to come into this thread and say you all are crazy for not DEMANDING the Saints sign Erik Coleman (safety, from the jets) then i realized... Kherry Rhodes is the best on the jets, not him

carry on

Haynesworth...a young DT with a bad atttitude, he should be nuber 1 one every Saints fans list.
Bironas...a reliable kicker with a super strong leg...he'd be fabulous in the dome.
Earnest Wilford...a big reciver with good hands and a nose for the endzone...Drew would have him in the
Jeff Faine...He's been a good center for us so I think this one is a no brainer.
It's betweem Young, Patten and Damien Woody for me...so I'll take Young and hope he stays healthy with Haynesworth on the team.

I was going to bring up Bironas as well. If he is restricted, maybe we can put together a contract that the Titans can't match. Depending on what they tender him with would determine compensation obviously, but i wouldn't mind if we took a look at him. The man was 8 for 8 on field goals and basically won the game for them against the Texans.

Right now the FA pool seems deeper than it was last year. However, that may also be because the FTs haven't been put on and many FAs are signed before FA begins by the team they are on. So I reserve my votes until the final list is available. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom