Sporting News Saints-Bills Preview (1 Viewer)

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
The unanimous pick was the Saints. They also had a good summary of what the Saints needed to do to win and the Bills needed to do to win.

http://today.sportingnews.com/sportingnewstoday/20090925?sub_id=qrLmUvbUsusN&folio=12

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/matchup.php?game_id=20090927002

The Summary:

The Bottom Line
On the surface, this does not look like a favorable matchup for the Bills -- especially for their defense, which is 31st in the NFL in passing yards allowed. But they have something going for them that the Saints' first two opponents didn't: an offense that can control the clock and stretch the field vertically.
This is a big game for both teams. The Saints can prove they are a legitimate contender in the NFC, while the Bills can show they are better than the so-called experts think. The Saints aren't likely to be intimidated by the hostile environment of Ralph Wilson Stadium since they played in Philadelphia last week. This has all the trappings of a shootout, but Brees and the Saints simply have too many weapons.

Also had an interview with Scott Shanle.

Those were very good, including the Shanle interview. Thanks for posting. :9:

I hate that we have so many weapons comment! I rather "they have to only weapon that metters! His name is Drew Brees!!!"

I don't understand the comment about not giving up a big play on defense. I'll trade one big play (what we've given up each game) in exchange for 3 picks. We knew the defense would become more agressive, and that could lead to a couple of big plays per game. At least this year we make up for it with turnovers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom