Sporting News team report (1 Viewer)

Curley

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
no offense, but isn't this news 2 weeks old?

Good article. Nice to hear mostly good things from a report. Although I don't want that to become the norm. I'd rather stay under the radar. :)

This quote from the article is quite a compliment to Benson and the FO:

"The team has a pretty good recent track record of locking up its valued players to long-term deals. And New Orleans has been fiscally responsible enough to afford this kind of move. "

They will 'git-er-done" IMHO.

:gosaints:

This quote from the article is quite a compliment to Benson and the FO:

"The team has a pretty good recent track record of locking up its valued players to long-term deals. And New Orleans has been fiscally responsible enough to afford this kind of move. "

They will 'git-er-done" IMHO.

:gosaints:

I agree, we tend not to over-spend on free agents (i.e. Samuel) but we seem to lock up our own players unless we have a good player behind them (i.e. Goodwin over Faine). The only player that I thought was in their prime and was let go was Darren Howard (and actually, that turned out to be a good move).

Technically, it's not a holdout since the offseason workouts are optional. It's not a "holdout" until training camp.

If he holds out long enough i'd trade him. I'm not ready (and if i'm not i'm sure the coaching staff isn't) to deal with his cry baby attitude.

If he holds out long enough i'd trade him. I'm not ready (and if i'm not i'm sure the coaching staff isn't) to deal with his cry baby attitude.

Maybe I missed it, but how exactly has he proven to have a "cry baby" attitude?

Or was that an insult for its own sake?

Here's their four stories:

Smith wants money.
David was bad.
Colston was good.
Deuce's injury hurt the team.

Man, those guys are great reporters.

Here's their four stories:

Smith wants money.
David was bad.
Colston was good.
Deuce's injury hurt the team.

Man, those guys are great reporters.

Seriously, try filling a beat report every week, especially if you aren't a fan...believe me, unless your contact is an amusing genius who does all the work for you, it can be murder filling space :)

I'm confident that Smith will be signed to a long term deal before the season, but the chance the FO doesn't get it done, another hole in our defense will need to be filled once again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom