Sporting News Today: Q&A with Bush (1 Viewer)

Todd T

Usually Lurking...
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
all these "people" (schlereth for instance) ripping #25, it's bogus. I loved it. You get the gist of it when you read the Q & A........
Q: Can the Saints, now 6-0, go undefeated?
A: Of course my first answer is going to be, 'We're going to take it one game at a time, and that's our mentality" (laughs). I have to say it--if I don't say it, then I'm going to get some hell from teammates. But can we go undefeated? Yes, I do think we have the players, the chemistry, we have the heart and dedication, the coaching staff, we have the players and ...
Rock on Reggie!!!

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-10-28/qa-saints-rb-reggie-bush

I am cancelling my subscription to ESPN insider and ESPN the Magazine today.

Even when I was just hearing half of the interview I was like.. eh it's not that bad, but with reading his whole answer it really ticks me off that these so-called "experts" can sit there and rip a player and only play half an interview to try to skew it to prove that they are right. He said that he thinks that we can go undefeated because we have the players, the heart, the dedication, the team chemistry, and the coaching staff to pull off such a feat. That was a great answer on Reggie's part. What the hell is he supposed to say to a question like that.. Oh I don't think we can because if I say we can I'm going to get ripped 8 ways to Sunday by the Clowns on ESPN. Then the story would be how Reggie doesn't have faith in his team and cares more about his image then the team.

Then the whole thing where they just played him saying " Once I do win an NFL MVP, once we do win a Super Bowl, once I am in the Pro Bowl, it will be that much more special" and tried to construe it to where Reggie was saying that he was going to achieve all of these goals this year. They completely cut out the part where he said that that is what he expects from himself. Another good answer from Reggie.

I really hope Payton gives Reggie a chance to explode this game. Just to prove those *** hats at ESPN wrong.

ESPN is garbage... Complete and utter garbage.

thumb_1190518590215_0p9577015066677685.jpg

[/rant]

Good interview. I don't care what any of the media morans say, I love the confidence our team has.

Even when I was just hearing half of the interview I was like.. eh it's not that bad, but with reading his whole answer it really ticks me off that these so-called "experts" can sit there and rip a player and only play half an interview to try to skew it to prove that they are right. He said that he thinks that we can go undefeated because we have the players, the heart, the dedication, the team chemistry, and the coaching staff to pull off such a feat. That was a great answer on Reggie's part. What the hell is he supposed to say to a question like that.. Oh I don't think we can because if I say we can I'm going to get ripped 8 ways to Sunday by the Clowns on ESPN. Then the story would be how Reggie doesn't have faith in his team and cares more about his image then the team.

Then the whole thing where they just played him saying " Once I do win an NFL MVP, once we do win a Super Bowl, once I am in the Pro Bowl, it will be that much more special" and tried to construe it to where Reggie was saying that he was going to achieve all of these goals this year. They completely cut out the part where he said that that is what he expects from himself. Another good answer from Reggie.

I really hope Payton gives Reggie a chance to explode this game. Just to prove those *** hats at ESPN wrong.

[/rant]
I agree. That was actually one of his shortest answers, but they focused on that. I like his confidence. If you look at our schedule, our only test imo is the Pats. We play Tampa twice, Carolina twice, Atlanta twice, St. Louis, Washington, and the Cow Girls! I think we can win those games. I do feel Reggie's best football is ahead of him. We haven't had him 100% healthy at the mid point of the season in a while. I think his decoy effect in the offense has been utilized more in the first half of the season in an effort by Payton to keep him healthy. Also, we've been successful throwing the ball so we haven't seen as many designed swing passes to him. Shockey is eating up some of the throws that would usually go to him. Mike Bell & Pierre Thomas are having arguably the best seasons out of our Receivers and Backs, but they are getting the most touches also.

Mark Schelereth is an admitted pants wetter.

There he goes again....
2201899819_ac8237e448.jpg

I know what kind of player I am, and it's only a matter of time before it happens. I think it's unfortunate that I've been injured the past two season, but if you look at when I was healthy last year I was producing and making plays, so it takes times when you come back from those type of injuries. People want results now, and I get that. I want results now, too. However, it takes time when you come back from injuries like that because you have to get back to being yourself and you can't just pound it out right away because you have to give your body time to readjust to that pounding because it's not used that. I mean I want to go out and pound it out 25-30 times a game but I can't because I had such an extensive injury last year it's going to take me some time to get back to being myself.

This was the most intruiging question/answer in the interview to me. It basically backs up the people who have said Bush has been limited, on purpose, by Coach Payton so far. After reading this, I expect Bush to be worked into the offense little by little as the year goes on.

I know some people don't want to hear that, but that's what I get from this quote.

[/rant]

you should let them know exactly why your canceling, even ask for the biggest cheese they have in the office and let him or her know why your dumping their garbage mags.

He said nothing wrong. If he said the Saints ARE going undefeated, that would be different. He said they have the ability to do it.

: Do you have the schedule?
A: A lot of people would argue that we have a tough schedule. We weren't supposed to beat the Giants like that, the New York jets were supposed to be tough, each week I don't think we've been picked to win a game yet. We were picked to lose in Miami, we were picked to lose against the Eagles, against the Giants, we were picked to lose against the Jets. But we continue to weather the storm, we continue to believe in ourselves.

LOL. He can't be serious with this. That's a lie. Damn near everybody said the Saints would win against the Giants.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom