Sportingnews Team Reports (Saints) (1 Viewer)

CBs Asante Samuel (Patriots), Marcus Trufant (Seahawks) and Nnamdi Asomugha (Raiders), LBs Lance Briggs (Bears), Terrell Suggs (Ravens) and Karlos Dansby (Cardinals), and DT Albert Haynesworth (Titans)

Sign em all!!

I could do it in Madden 08.

This is the third article praising Faine's importance to the team that I've read lately? How can that be when most of this site has been complaining that he's constantly getting pushed back?

This is the third article praising Faine's importance to the team that I've read lately? How can that be when most of this site has been complaining that he's constantly getting pushed back?

Because most on this site has no clue when watching an O-lineman and it has to be their fault because it can't be the RBs fault he can't gain yardage.

People just go with whoever performs best, its funny how nobody really complained about Faine until Goodwin stepped in, and even though Goodwin "did his job" it didnt mean he was better than Faine....if we let Faine go (like most want) we will be calling for him to come back as soon as Goodwin gets a false start, the O-Line is good, there a good unit, but you could upgrade one of two spots on that line...but Center is not one of them.

It's almost like I remember us letting another center go one time, believing that his replacement would be awesome...hmmm..wonder what ever happened..

Because most on this site has no clue when watching an O-lineman and it has to be their fault because it can't be the RBs fault he can't gain yardage.

The opposite is more true then that. Faine was pushed around alot this year. He was overpowered alot. I think we should resign him. Hopefully fully healthy he plays better next year.

I am not sure that Faine wasn't playing hurt most of the year. I think that he is a tough guy who, when healthey, is really good.

The reason for the board's flaming of Faine is because he was abused by more powerful DTs... whereas Goodwin was rock solid, and held his own.

Faine was injured for the J-ville game... and I was actually scared for Drew's life... with the guys they have inside... but "Goodey" held his own... but Faine may have gotten tossed like a ragdoll (judging by his performances against stronger guys).

No maater what they do with Faine not getting Goodwin to re-up would be the wrong move. We need depth and not just any depth but good rock solid depth on the O line. Having Strief and Bushrod, Aleman and Goodwin lets us feel comfortable in the O-line as a whole.
Now if you want to go get a guy to replace or challenge Nesbit or Stinch then go get him but don't give up what we have. Start fixing the other areas of the team first.

"I feel like our team was good enough to have gone to the playoffs," said Brees, who surpassed 4,000 yards passing for the second straight season. "What went wrong? It seems like sometimes the ball didn't bounce our way. We lost a couple really close games we had no business losing."

No it wasn't a few bounces. it was 54 passes of 20+yards.

No maater what they do with Faine not getting Goodwin to re-up would be the wrong move. We need depth and not just any depth but good rock solid depth on the O line. Having Strief and Bushrod, Aleman and Goodwin lets us feel comfortable in the O-line as a whole.
Now if you want to go get a guy to replace or challenge Nesbit or Stinch then go get him but don't give up what we have. Start fixing the other areas of the team first.

Agreed, you dont dismantle this oline, you get guys in who can challenge the trouble spots on the line, but as a unit, they play well together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom