Sportingnews Team Reports (Saints) (1 Viewer)

The Saints need to pay Marques Colston, Jahri Evans and Will Smith they are the young nucleus of home grown talent that make this team.

The Saints have the cap room to pay these guys what they deserve.

Colston 6 years 42 million/ 18 guaranteed
Evans 6 Years 30 million/ 15 guaranteed
Smith 5 years 40 million/ 20 guaranteed

Conrad;889847Evans 6 Years 30 million/ 15 guaranteed [/QUOTE said:
That's a lot of money for a guard.

The Saints need to pay Marques Colston, Jahri Evans and Will Smith they are the young nucleus of home grown talent that make this team.

The Saints have the cap room to pay these guys what they deserve.

Colston 6 years 42 million/ 18 guaranteed
Evans 6 Years 30 million/ 15 guaranteed
Smith 5 years 40 million/ 20 guaranteed

Reggie Wayne got 6 years, 40 million with 13.5 million gauranteed
Kevin Curtis got 6 years, 32 million with 10 million guaranteed

Eric Stienbach signed a 7 year deal for 49.5 million with 17 million gauranteed
Derrick Dockery signed a 7 year deal for 49 million with 18.5 million gauranteed
Leonard Davis signed a 7 year deal for 49.6 million with 16 million gauranteed

Dwight Freeney got 6 years, 72 million, with 30 million gauranteed
Charles Grant got 7 years, 63 million, with 20 million guaranteed
Patrick Kerney got 6 years, 39.5 million with 19.5 gauranteed

Don't think Colston gets quite that. I would say something most likely in between the Wayne and Curtis deal (6 years, 36 million with 12 gauranteed).

The price of OG's went way up this past offseason. Expect Evans to get 40+ million and 15+ million gauranteed.

Don't expect Will Smith to sign for a penny less than what Grant got.

I'll be livid if they go DT in round 1. Three DL's in the last 6 season taken the first round is enough (even if they don't all pan out). If there's no DB worth taking in the first, then go LB. If there's no LB there, then trade down. My .02

it's true that the sullivan choice didn't work out, but it's hard to get good big men in the draft so i wouldn't be upset with someone like ellis if he was to fall to us... i'd take him over any corner

I'll be livid if they go DT in round 1. Three DL's in the last 6 season taken the first round is enough (even if they don't all pan out). If there's no DB worth taking in the first, then go LB. If there's no LB there, then trade down. My .02

We have a huge need at DT. Without a DT to keep blockers off the LB's or provide pressure on the QB a LB or DB won't make a difference.

Your point makes no sense. 2 of those 3 DL picks are probowlers and the base of our defense. One didn't work out. So we shouldn't take a DT just for the sake of doing something different?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom