Sportingnews Team Reports (Saints) (1 Viewer)

"They also need to add at least two dynamic playmakers - a defensive back and a pass rusher."

I'd say that is the understatement of the year. Just 2? Try 4-5. <!-- ------------------------------- --><!-- COMMENTS SECTION START --><!-- ------------------------------- -->

"They also need to add at least two dynamic playmakers - a defensive back and a pass rusher."

<!-- ------------------------------- --><!-- COMMENTS SECTION START --><!-- ------------------------------- --> I'd say that is the understatement of the year. Just 2? Try 4-5.

Very few teams in the NFL even have 4-5 dynamic playmakers. Signing 4-5 dynamic playmakers in a single offseason is impossible.

I disagree with the notion that TE is such a huge area of concern for us.
We have to re-sign Miller and we have Campbell coming back as well. Miller's impressed me every time the ball is put in his hands.

The Patriots signed 3 last offseason. Welker, Thomas, and Moss.

nobody knew Welker was gonna have that kinda year and Thomas really didnt do much, but was solid, they got more out of Welker and less outa Thomas than they thought they would so I wouldnt really count Welker as a "playmaker" he surpasses his career totals this year.

Last edited:
I believe a bona fide Offensive Coordinator should be a high priority.

If Sean puts more of his attention on the defense (thereby being a real HC not just an offensive genius) then I think there will be a big improvement.

I wonder if Brian would be interested in jumping back in as an OC?

Having Drew, Marques and Reggie as 'toys' should be enough to attract most any offensive guru.

And yes I believe that Sean is an offensive guru, it's just that I think by devoting so much to being that man, with play calling duties and all else involved, that Sean is part of why our defense has been so suspect.

I'm not sold on Gibbs as a D-Co, but having more coaching from Sean would probably help us on D.

nobody knew Welker was gonna have that kinda year and Thomas really didnt do much, but was solid, they got more out of Welker and less outa Thomas than they thought they would so I wouldnt really count Welker as a "playmaker" he surpasses his career totals this year.

112 catches for 1,175 yards and 8 TD's is definitely a playmaker.

The Patriots signed 3 last offseason. Welker, Thomas, and Moss.

Sorry, I was referring to defensive players only. I should have clarified.

Defensive playmakers are limited to start due to offensive friendly rules, and the fact that defensive studs tend to be locked up by their own team.

Very few teams in the NFL even have 4-5 dynamic playmakers. Signing 4-5 dynamic playmakers in a single offseason is impossible.

I'd say Drew Brees, RB, Colston and Fujita were 4 dynamic playmakers in an offseason.
Impossible? No, Unlikely? Yes.

our TE's were not keepers, it just excited us when they caught the ball and ran; that is our problem and hopefully the coaches don't feel the same way.

3 playmakers will do just fine

With the addition of Meachem, I don't care if the offense that takes the field in 2008 is the same one we started with in 2007. Just play better out of the gate......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom