Sports Betting Sites (1 Viewer)

sof2xlc

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I want to do very little betting just for fun. I was wondering what sites you guys would recommend.

I was thinking of doing the same thing yesterday. Gonna practice a few weeks to see how I do before I ever really risk anything.

The way I figure it, you have to win more than you lose (meaning, you can't break even with a 50/50 win/loss record because of the 1.1 rule.) And in the three games yesterday, I went 0-3.

Looks like I should keep my money in my pocket.

Do any of you have overall winning percentages?

I was thinking of doing the same thing yesterday. Gonna practice a few weeks to see how I do before I ever really risk anything.

The way I figure it, you have to win more than you lose (meaning, you can't break even with a 50/50 win/loss record because of the 1.1 rule.) And in the three games yesterday, I went 0-3.

You can't just figure in the 10% juice, either. Up until 6 months or so ago I could deposit money into my acct using a Visa prepaid spending card. Then some fed regulation went into effect that ended that, so now the best way to get them money is a wire transfer, which has a cost associated with it...say $10. Then, most books charge you $20 to wire your winnings back to you. So if you start with $100, you need to win $30 just to get your starting cash back.

Beyond that, have fun. Make sure you choose a reputable sports book though. I have a friend that used a random offshore book that he found with an internet search. He won around 2k and never got his money.

You can't just figure in the 10% juice, either. Up until 6 months or so ago I could deposit money into my acct using a Visa prepaid spending card. Then some fed regulation went into effect that ended that, so now the best way to get them money is a wire transfer, which has a cost associated with it...say $10. Then, most books charge you $20 to wire your winnings back to you. So if you start with $100, you need to win $30 just to get your starting cash back.

Beyond that, have fun. Make sure you choose a reputable sports book though. I have a friend that used a random offshore book that he found with an internet search. He won around 2k and never got his money.

hmm.. so you cant use like a debit/credit card for this? Also which one would you prefer for novices.

5dimes, bovado, bookmaker. I use 5dimes. It's free to cash out once a month. Use wire transfer or money gram to deposit. You need to win 53% to make a small profit. You bet with your heart you lose. Look at their teams, stats, weather, etc an make calculated guesses on their games. If you can't pick at least 50% winners then either hang it up or flip a coin. If you are truly horrible. Write down who you think covers each game and bet the opposite to fade yourself.

Im up 58.5% for the season. I'd be in the upper 60% had I not been greedy last week...

5dimes, bovado, bookmaker. I use 5dimes. It's free to cash out once a month. Use wire transfer or money gram to deposit. You need to win 53% to make a small profit. You bet with your heart you lose. Look at their teams, stats, weather, etc an make calculated guesses on their games. If you can't pick at least 50% winners then either hang it up or flip a coin. If you are truly horrible. Write down who you think covers each game and bet the opposite to fade yourself.

What about using Visa to deposit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom