Sports card collecting (1 Viewer)

I buy and sell oldish cards on eBay. 70's and 80's mainly. I plan to send a bunch off for grading at some point. I also have done pretty well with Drew Brees rookie cards. I wish I would have bought more Brees rookies and fewer Deuce McAllister rookies lol.

I got a 1976 NOLA Ryan card, Barry rookie, Bonilla rookie. Had found a box of card in attic that I have kept since mid 80s

I haven't thought about it in a while.

My mom was given some old cards because she mentioned to a friend that I liked them.

Unfortunately, I didn't know their value being a kid. They were handled like playing cards.

Rookie Pete Rose and some other very good cards. Pretty much worthless now.

The Cal Ripken Jr. rookie in mint condition is probably the most valuable I had.

I mentioned the collection is with my son and probably worth a couple of thousand.

Last edited:
I haven't thought about it in a while.

My mom was given some old cards because she mentioned to a friend that I liked them.

Unfortunately, I didn't know their value being a kid. They were handled like playing cards.

The Cal Ripken Jr. rookie in mint condition is probably the most valuable I had.

I mentioned the collection is with my son and probably worth a couple of thousand.
I remember in the 80s as a kid we would put baseball cards on the bike spokes to create a cool sound. Luckily they were 1988 Topps cards pretty much the most worthless set of cards ever. If It were 1986 Donruss set, 1989 Upper deck Ken Griffey Jr rookie card or Frank Thomas Topps Rookie rare error card that would be a different matter

1. I haven't thought about it in a while.

Does anyone remember back in early 90s the great baseball card scam. Commercials on T.V would sell 200 baseball cards from the mid to late 80s for for 10.99. Wal-Mart was into it to. They would sell a cube of cards for 10 dollars garaunteed to be worth 30 bucks.

I've been going through some old stuff that I've pulled out of storage because I haven't looked through them in 20+ years. Came across these that I had totally forgotten about pulling out of packs so many years ago. They're nothing extra special money-wise, but it always nice to "find" them again.

lnpBNBs.jpg

Found an old show box in my great- Grandfathers attic a few years back, cards from 60-70 years ago.
Most of the guys I’ve never heard of.....no name guys like Hornus Wagnat or something like that,

Here's one that a few people here might like that I got in not too long ago:

ncj9MSA.jpg

I'm thinking this one is darn near flawless and may send it in for grading at some point, but it's staying in my personal collection in any regard.

Here's one that a few people here might like that I got in not too long ago:

ncj9MSA.jpg

I'm thinking this one is darn near flawless and may send it in for grading at some point, but it's staying in my personal collection in any regard.
So THAT'S where Dak got the hip swing thing from!

So I used to work for the Huntsville Stars (the first year they were affiliated with the Brewers). I got some different bats and a batting helmet while I was there. Does Minor League stuff carry any kind of value?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom